Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

First let's get this straight' date=' I never said I left Celebrity.

Secondly, I cruise on all lines, not loyal to one particular line or ship.

[/quote']

No worries - anyone here with any sense knows what you meant. You know how these boards are. The objectophelia in some people will cause them the spin any word you type.

No worries - anyone here with any sense knows what you meant. You know how these boards are. The objectophelia in some people will cause them the spin any word you type.

Yup. SeaShark sure loves him some SeaShark.

When I got the email from NCL I was dumbfounded. As one poster mentioned when Carnival prohibited bottled water they really dropped their price on their water package. I sure don't see anything like that with NCL. I haven't made any plans for future cruises since work has been so crazy but NCL is probably not going to find its way on my short list any time soon.

Here is what they have for a water package (don't anyone get to excited ;) ):

Bottled Water Packages

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. Save up to 50% off individual bottle pricing.

Bottled Water Packages

For all ships except Pride of America

Item # Description Price Savings

WBP6 6-pack (1-liter bottles) $22.95 USD 30%

WBP12 12-pack (1-liter bottles) $39.95 USD 39%

WBP18 18-pack (1-liter bottles) $49.95 USD 50%

WBP24 24-pack (1-liter bottles) $59.95 USD 55%

Note: 18% gratuities & service charge will be applied at time of purchase

Pride of America sailings only

WBP24A 24-pack (500-milliliter bottles) $44.95 USD 42%

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. Save up to 50% off individual bottle pricing.

Bottled Water Packages

For all ships except Pride of America

WBP6 6-pack (1-liter bottles) $22.95 USD 30%

WBP18 18-pack (1-liter bottles) $49.95 USD 50%

WBP24 24-pack (1-liter bottles) $59.95 USD 55%

Pride of America sailings only

WBP24A 24-pack (500-milliliter bottles) $44.95 USD 42%

For further comparison, on Princess, when pre-ordered:

$6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles (or 57 cents each, "service charge included")

I believe there are a couple of posters who are such rapid supporters that they are trying to get this thread to disappear . They are filling it with posts which are argumentative nonsense . Perhaps they aren't such supporters , just playing a silly game .

There is another thread just started saying this poster called NCL to complain, talked to a person named Elizabeth, who said no carry on water bottles allowed to bring on and fill up yourself.

There is another thread just started saying this poster called NCL to complain, talked to a person named Elizabeth, who said no carry on water bottles allowed to bring on and fill up yourself.

I doubt that's true. What would the reason be??

I'm just wondering how they can possibly enforce that. Right now there is a sign (I have seen it on at least one ship) that says water bottles can't be filled but how can they stop someone from standing there and fill up a glass then fill up their bottle and repeat until it's done. Obviously it will cause a big back at the beverage station. Maybe he crew who clear the deck chairs after 1/2 hour (or hour) can instead monitor the beverage station.

I did email my PCC, telling him of my disappointment in the new policy. I drink a ridiculous amount of water and DH drinks coke. We spend a little bit of time most afternoons, sitting on the balcony, reading and drinking our beverage of choice. As this is either no longer possible - the coke OR cost prohibitive/inconvenient, it lowers the value of a balcony for us.

I am looking at other options for our date as we are still outside final payment. I also let my PCC know that. But I will tell you that after having only sailed NCL (and Disney twice), it is overwhelming to see what the other cruise lines offer and what the value is to me.

But I have nothing else to do today. LOL

Edited by cruizinwithkids

Obviously the price of bottled water on board is unacceptable. When I first booked my upcoming cruise and chose the beverage package as a perk I was shocked to learn that bottled water is not included. (I am a water addict, drink many bottles of water a day)

With that out of the way, I'm confused as to why people are getting so caught up on these "beverage stations" that are going to be so bogged down. Yes you're not supposed to fill directly from them, so fill up a few cups, take them back to a table and do your transferring there so you don't cause a massive line. Also, can you not get tap ice water from any bar on board? Just go to one of them to get a glass of water to transfer to a bottle if you're A. worried about a long line at the beverage stations or B. worried about sanitation of said water stations (as I will be if people are ignoring the rules and getting their grimy water bottle mouth pieces all over the water machine).

Just my 2 cents. Not defending the new policy at all just confused as to why everyone is so concerned specifically about the beverage stations.

Edited by LarissaRose

I hope my friends in the suite give me a key to their cabin so I can make my Latte and maybe they will have bottled water for a 500% mark up......:)

I recall a show "undercover boss" where the CEO goes on the ship and gets the feel of his employees...

Well He just has to read these thousand plus posts to know NCL has a passenger booking problem in the near future with the nickel and dime and charging $70 a case of bottled water...

Has anyone read or seen anything from NCL that they have seen the passengers feelings.... ? Rich

Yeah bust open that wallet and get the drink package....you break you &&:$#% all year long you should be able to get on that ship and order what you want without worrying...you could be dead tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With that out of the way, I'm confused as to why people are getting so caught up on these "beverage stations" that are going to be so bogged down. Yes you're not supposed to fill directly from them, so fill up a few cups, take them back to a table and do your transferring there so you don't cause a massive line.

Yes, if people were considerate, that's what they would do. However, too many people are going to stand there and fill their small mouthed water bottle one cup at a time, spilling, and holding things up. This becomes a problem if done during the busy times, like breakfast.

I think the overall number of people who carry water on board is small enough not to have an impact on the beverage stations. On occasion I do see people filling their bottles, but I have never witnessed a line of people with bottles to fill. I think most either get a cup, fill it with ice, and get water, or just pay for the large 1 liter bottle.

While it's not a deal breaker, I am disappointed.

We always tape a luggage tag to a case of bottled water.

I guess we'll be bringing our Brita sports bottles.

I agree...we will do same..

And yes..I , too , am disappointed..(as this is just one more thing on the LONG list of changes and fees..(previously listed on this thread)..

While I can agree with the "security"/terror aspect of the decision ..I surely doubt that is the actual primary reason (more likely a good excuse for increased revenue) ...AND..NCL should surely drop bottle water prices onboard.

I doubt that's true. What would the reason be??

And that would also mean no baby bottles. It's a load of nonsense. I would like to see security try to take my kid's water bottle away. Not gonna happen.

If they allow powdered Gator-Aid, and if you can drink the tap water, you can mix your own.

Why not get a small container of infant formula and tape it to a case of purified water. You will be in compliance with the restrictions and should be allowed to take it onto the ship. If questioned, you can say you are identifying as an infant on this cruise.

Yes, if people were considerate, that's what they would do. However, too many people are going to stand there and fill their small mouthed water bottle one cup at a time, spilling, and holding things up. This becomes a problem if done during the busy times, like breakfast.

I have seen a family simply take one of the many and readily available pitchers of iced water to their table and fill up all their bottles from that. The mom then took the pitcher and told the hostess that she was keeping it in her cabin for iced water .This was last June on Getaway.

Every time we cruise we see that many cruisers have water bottles on every cruise line. My environmentally concious( ahem) teens refuse to use disposable water bottles .

There has never been a line created waiting to fill them that I have seen.

I did , however, call and cancel my water package for our upcoming cruise and told the gal it was a protest in solidarity with those appalled by the new policy. She was very nice.

If they allow powdered Gator-Aid, and if you can drink the tap water, you can mix your own.

Why not get a small container of infant formula and tape it to a case of purified water. You will be in compliance with the restrictions and should be allowed to take it onto the ship. If questioned, you can say you are identifying as an infant on this cruise.

Oh my GOSH! I almost choked on my brownie reading this! Awesome!

It would be quite entertaining to see someone pull this off so that they could have their formula only to find out that, as an infant, they just lost their UBP. :eek:

I never could understand that either. There are several here that do not sail NCL, but insist on posting. Of course, anyone can post - it's not an exclusive club; I just don't understand why they would.

I've thinking about that also. Some people just love negativity and confrontation.

I have waited 24 hours to post as I have now read all 50 pages now.

For what its worth -

I am a first time cruiser- encouraged ,my sister in law's family to go with NCL although they wanted to go with another line ( they have cruised twice before)

We got the UDP- free- yay- what ? Ultimate and no WATER and COFFEE ?? that is ridiculous . what is ULTIMATE about that ? Some of my adult family do not drink alcohol and are diabetic and on caffeine free , low sodium, diets .

I spent so much time researching .. I am appalled at the high cost of bottled water . I have no problem buying it however the cost is outrageous .

I have emailed Stewart ,Ewart, Mulgberger and Kansley.

used Twitter and FB .

Nothing . one out of office reply.

I was looking forward to this new love affair with cruises and NCL.. i think not .

So wrong to change the terms after we have booked and paid in full.

Such bad customer care ....

I always check a case of water when we cruise, either by slapping a luggage tag on it or putting it in a suitcase and checking it. We bring bottles mostly to take with us on our excursions, we have young children. I would have no problem with buying a case onboard, however NCL's price for a case of wateris extreme Price gouging! we sail at the end of the month and this is our second NCL cruise, very disappointed!

Edited by floridian1