Galveston Limo vs Galveston Express

PCWalton1

Hi folks.

I need to book one way transportation from Galveston to Bush International for two of us and I see Galveston Limo and Galveston Express seem to be the primary providers for shared transportation.

I looked online at site such as Tripadvisor and they seem to be about the same. Anyone care to comment on their recent experiences?

thanks

Hi folks.

I need to book one way transportation from Galveston to Bush International for two of us and I see Galveston Limo and Galveston Express seem to be the primary providers for shared transportation.

I looked online at site such as Tripadvisor and they seem to be about the same. Anyone care to comment on their recent experiences?

thanks

I have no experience with either but I ran across this post recently:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50360455

which certainly makes me concerned about one of the ones you mentioned.

One more question. Our flight does not leave Bush International until 6:00pm so we are going to stay on board as long as we can. :p

If I target a shuttle for 11-11:30 will I be stuck with a long wait for the shuttle to arrive or will the process in the terminal eat up most of that time?

thanks again

One more question. Our flight does not leave Bush International until 6:00pm so we are going to stay on board as long as we can. :p

If I target a shuttle for 11-11:30 will I be stuck with a long wait for the shuttle to arrive or will the process in the terminal eat up most of that time?

thanks again

Hi Bill,

We are taking our second cruise out of Galveston this Oct. Our flight out is after 3PM from Hobby. We looked at air, hotel and transfers as one large set of challenges. Finally decided to rent a car for the week and park it. Gives us a car to drive the night we arrive and the same car to explore Galveston before headed to the airport. More expensive than other options but added flexibility on both ends.

I have no experience with either but I ran across this post recently:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50360455

which certainly makes me concerned about one of the ones you mentioned.

Thanks, as I keep digging that one seems to be more sketchy. The irony is that one has the higher rating, though it does seem to have a lot more recent complaints.

Hi Bill,

We are taking our second cruise out of Galveston this Oct. Our flight out is after 3PM from Hobby. We looked at air, hotel and transfers as one large set of challenges. Finally decided to rent a car for the week and park it. Gives us a car to drive the night we arrive and the same car to explore Galveston before headed to the airport. More expensive than other options but added flexibility on both ends.

i would love to just keep a car for the week but it's way more than I want to spend. For the time I need it (Sept 24-Oct 2) a compact is over $350 and that is not even counting parking.

We currently have an overnight rental for $65 to get us from IAH to Texas City. Were told a taxi the next day to the terminal is about $40-50 and Galveston Limo (who I am leaning towards) is offering $25pp to take us back to the airport.

We used Galveston Limo last March and they were fine, but a little more expensive that others. My favorite is Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle: http://www.cruiseshipshuttle.com/

but he (L. J.) was not available for us last March. Also L. J. only takes cash -- no credit cards. Still, he has good rates and has always been on time for us. Oh...We were renting the shuttle privately. As I re-read your posts I gather you want a shared shuttle, and L. J. only does private shuttles.

Edited by Jimnbigd

We used Galveston Limo last March and they were fine, but a little more expensive that others. My favorite is Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle: http://www.cruiseshipshuttle.com/

but he (L. J.) was not available for us last March. Also L. J. only takes cash -- no credit cards. Still, he has good rates and has always been on time for us. Oh...We were renting the shuttle privately. As I re-read your posts I gather you want a shared shuttle, and L. J. only does private shuttles.

I booked with Galveston Limo shared services for $25 pp one way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi folks.

thanks

Try cruise connection, a new private shuttle that can get you to bush for $135.00 for 2 people this is a private ride , not shared http://www.cruiseconnection.us

Try cruise connection, a new private shuttle that can get you to bush for $135.00 for 2 people this is a private ride , not shared http://www.cruiseconnection.us

Thanks but for this trip we don't mind the shared ride as our flight does not leave till 6:00pm so we are in no hurry to get to the airport. We got an online price of $25pp from Galveston Limo. :)

I have been checking our options for next July, and since a couple that will be on the following cruises wants to meet up after we land in IAH, only way we can do that is rent the car for a week, leave at the hotel and return to IAH. Looking at shuttle companies, most wanted $160 1 way and we can rent a car for a week cheaper and gives us some flexibility. I am also going to take only a carry on so considering self disembarking which we haven't done before.