Anthem restaurant walk in

Yes, whether or not the wait will be a long one may depend upon the particular dining venue and the time you show up but we were able to be seated and served fairly quickly on those occasions when we arrived without making a reservation

Can we walk in to a restaurant such as the Grand and be seated with others who are also waiting?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you mean are you able to share a table with strangers, yes, but keep in mind that you might not have anyone else wanting to share.

When we were on the Anthem last fall, my spouse and I had a reservation for Grande. We showed up at the appointed time, and were on a fairly long line of other couples also with reservations. Despite the reservations, they had no two tops available. The host kept saying that she could seat people immediately at larger tables if they wanted to share. NO takers. Then the host said she could seat couples immediately at Chic across the way. A few takers.

(We were finally seated in Grande at a two top; the irony after that wait was that we had terrible service and pretty mediocre food.)

Enjoy Anthem, she is a stunningly beautiful ship!

It depends on the time you want to go to the restaurant. I didn't make reservations for the whole week. When I tried to do it on board, only 9pm was possible. I tried to just walk in at Grande around 7pm, but they told me I had to wait until 9:15pm. So I ended up in the Windjammer. The other night I had a reservation and was seated quickly. But the service was terrible.

I was travelling solo, so I had time to watch the waiters. They were not able to keep up with all the guests. Like waiting 20min to get the menu. Everyone around me received a glass of champagne, except me. The Grande was the restaurant I liked least. Chic was much more relaxed. And they took good care of me. Like sitting a solo traveler at the window instead of in the middle of the restaurant. They had time to talk with the guests.