Embarkation times

KyOh

I realize that the suites board earlier than the DV cabins and that they board earlier than the V cabins. On other ships, it doesn't matter when you board. But it DOES matter at what time you can get into your cabin. I've been confused by some posts on CC regarding Vikings policy. Is it possible to board at an earlier time and get familiar with the ship? Not expecting our cabin to be ready until the designated time.

Thanks to those who have been on the Viking Star for the help.

All passengers from the previous sailing must be off the ship by 9:45am.

Arriving passengers may begin boarding at 11am and rooms will be available no later than the time stated for the category. Do note however that the lunch buffet will be open until 2:30p .

Edited by Peregrina651

And here's a dirty little secret....even though your room says it is not available until maybe 2:30.....Most all rooms are available by 11....Stop by and give your key a try....You may be happily surprised and settled in your room before lunch!!!!

Thank you for checking! Guess it will be early dinner for us and maybe some spa time!

I just checked the daily from our June 19 cruise and Wintergarden did not serve tea on embarkation day.

Thank you for checking! Guess it will be early dinner for us and maybe some spa time!

Just did some further checking. Pool Grill was open for snacks from 3-5pm on embarkation day and Mamsen's in the Explorer's Lounge was open from 4-5pm. Dinner venues are open from 6-9 pm. Assuming that it is the same on all embarkation days.

Thanks for the extra info!

Since our boat is docked for two days in the same location, does that mean we can get back off the boat at night? I'd like to enjoy some of the tapa night life (it's Barcelona after all) if possible. Or is there a curfew to get back on the boat?

Thanks for the extra info!

Since our boat is docked for two days in the same location, does that mean we can get back off the boat at night? I'd like to enjoy some of the tapa night life (it's Barcelona after all) if possible. Or is there a curfew to get back on the boat?

I just checked the daily from our overnight in Bergen and all it said was "overnight" for the back on board time. But, even with the midnight sun, they might roll up the sidewalks a bit earlier in Bergen than they do in Barcelona.

Edited by Peregrina651

Sure, you can get off and stay off all night if you like - no bed check! One of the purposes of overnight ports is to allow guests to enjoy some of the local nightlife. Just make sure you are on board by the departure time listed!