Just off Grandeur 9-day Canada/NE - any ?s

If the clock is an older type with an electric motor, it won't keep the right time on the ship because the ship's generators don't produce the frequency the clock needs for accurate time.

I'd either bring a battery operated clock, use your cell phone (set to manual timekeeping), or the TV channel with the ship's info.

The clock is new as of last month. Might just use the TV channel instead, one less thing to remember.

Thanks Bob

How was the food in mdr, buffet, solarium cafe?

We are going on grandeur early 2017, trying her because we were on anthem and food and service were poor jan 2016, although we enjoyed the ship. Bad reviews continue for anthem, looking forward to the old school Grandeur.

We always take a very small travel alarm clock w/ batteries, keep it with our cruise stuff, and those little tea lights led with batteries, as we cruise often and book interiors, unless we get free upgrade.

Thanks for info, also was there any Zumba, dancing, etc?

We are going on grandeur early 2017, trying her because we were on anthem and food and service were poor jan 2016, although we enjoyed the ship. Bad reviews continue for anthem, looking forward to the old school Grandeur.

We always take a very small travel alarm clock w/ batteries, keep it with our cruise stuff, and those little tea lights led with batteries, as we cruise often and book interiors, unless we get free upgrade.

Thanks for info, also was there any Zumba, dancing, etc?

Never thought of battery operated candles to see in the cabin during the night. Would still need clock to see the time. Thanks for another thought... :cool:

Never thought of battery operated candles to see in the cabin during the night. Would still need clock to see the time. Thanks for another thought... :cool:

You can use your cell phone as a clock and alarm. I'd put in in Airplane mode to ensure no charges from the cell carrier.

Please see my thread for some answers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50254032#post50254032

we were on anthem and food and service were poor jan 2016,

I hope they'll improve by the time I get on next year ! :-o

also was there any Zumba, dancing, etc?

There was line dancing in the Centrum a few times.