Jade Venice earliest disembark times ?????

IrishMac

Hi I have an early flight from Marco Polo airport (10:45am) what is the earliest time I can get off the ship and can I take my own luggage off with me ?

lots of panic about delays in marco polo airport getting through security and long lines .

Most of the sailings this summer seem to dock at 8am in Venice. It's usually at least an hour between docking and disembarkation - based on experience at Barcelona. I am sure people that have actually been on Jade recently will be able to speak from personal experience, but 10.45 flight does seem tight. Definitely quicker to walk off with own luggage though.

Hi

Jade docks at 8am. There are some passengers allowed to start disembarking at 830. You must ask for independent disembarkation and be ready to make a run for it as soon as they will allow you.

VCE airport it truly a nightmare on a Saturday Morning.

I would also look at pre-booking a taxi so that its there waiting for you when you get off the ship.

Good Luck!

Hi

Jade docks at 8am. There are some passengers allowed to start disembarking at 830. You must ask for independent disembarkation and be ready to make a run for it as soon as they will allow you.

VCE airport it truly a nightmare on a Saturday Morning.

I would also look at pre-booking a taxi so that its there waiting for you when you get off the ship.

Good Luck!

Absolutely have someone waiting for you to take you to the airport and yes, it is a nightmare (probably any day of the week). It was a mass of humanity when we arrived and very little helpful information from anyone. We had a flight that left around noon and they will not let you check in until 2 hours before departure. The line to check in alone snaked around in the lobby. We will never fly in and out of Venice again!

Good luck!

Cole

We have just returned from the Jade on Saturday , You are not allowed to take your own luggage off the ship , The crew will take your luggage from your cabin on the Friday evening for you to collect dockside on Saturday

They will give you a colour tag for a timed collection for Saturday morning , I think the earliest was around 8.30

I would book a taxi prior to sailing , I can tell you from yesterdays experience the Airport is absolutely manic , miles of queues no information , All flights seem to be delayed

As Cole stated I would not fly Venice again

I would allow extra time and get a later flight

Great Ship and Trip Though

NCL air will not book transfers to flights before 11.00 but as long as you are willing to carry your luggage off the ship yourselves and use a taxi you should be OK with those few minutes earlier. The airport is a bit of a mad house, but it is quite small so keep your whits about you and all should be OK.

Edited by old nutter

NCL air will not book transfers to flights before 11.00 but as long as you are willing to carry your luggage off the ship yourselves and use a taxi you should be OK with those few minutes earlier. The airport is a bit of a mad house, but it is quite small so keep your whits about you and all should be OK.

The Port Authority in Venice will not let you carry your own luggage. It's mandatory that All Luggage be off loaded by the Port Staff. We tried but to no avail, we were told up front that under no circumstances can a passenger carry their own luggage when disembarking.

cheers...the Ump...:D

We were in Haven 11-18June sailing 11:30am flight Ho,e. We got priority disembarking & was off the ship before 8:20. No queues for taxis but not many waiting either. We got to march polo before 9am but queued at Easy Jet bag drop for 30mins. Venice was a disaster no logical system & the Easy Jet Drop only had 2 desks open when they opened the auto bag drop they let people from back of the queue up front. 🤔 The queue to Security was slow moving but then they started letting people through the fast track section.

If I ever did Venice again I'd come home Sunday.

The Port Authority in Venice will not let you carry your own luggage. It's mandatory that All Luggage be off loaded by the Port Staff. We tried but to no avail, we were told up front that under no circumstances can a passenger carry their own luggage when disembarking.

I concur with this! I'm a bit of a panicker about my luggage and like to keep it in sight at all times! :o We always do self disembark, but not in Venice!

We tried to take off our own luggage but it was a firm NO! Had to be put out the night before.

*waves hi to Umpy10 *.....long time , no see! :) :)

We just went last month. The ship arrived right at 8:00 and was cleared at 8:10. We were in a suite so had priority disembarkation, but they held us a little until they had confirmation that all suite luggage was in the terminal.

I happened to be in atrium when they started putting out bag tags for non-suite guests on Thursday. The earliest times are 8:10 and 8:20, and there were people waiting for them and the early ones were taken pretty fast (although I think they put more out later or maybe you could ask for more).

Our flight wasn't until 2:30 so we didn't get to the airport until after noon but even then it was a real mess. Actually, pretty efficient, but still it was really crowded.

Edited by Regguy

Thanks Tasso. Didn't realize this, it changes my plans very slightly. Glad I know now! :)

Stephen

I would point out to everyone disembarking at any port at any time; hope that what happened in Stockholm and so in Copenhagen this week does not happen to you.

The Star had an engine malfunction, was held in Stockholm for 10-12 hours and so arrived in Copenhagen at 4pm; 8 hours late. Missed planes and expensive hotels were the order of the day.

Stay a night or be prepared for a shambles.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off Jade on Saturday 23rd July and I was also to.d I could not take my luggage off myself because of the port authority , I got a gold priority as a gift of good will because of my early flight ( I am a silver member ).

On the day I noticed that there were people taking off their own luggage and they got to skip the gold line as they were held back until the bags were off the ship and in the terminal. ( first lot off at 8:10am)

When I complained to the hotel director he explained that the ship cannot give out that information as they would be fined for large amount of people taking off their luggage but if you didn't ask and you just took for granted that you could self disembark , well they won't stop you from doing so.

I spotted people leaving the terminal at 7:50am while I was siting in the line to get off.

With the gold tags I was off and collected my bags from the terminal at 8:10am.

I easily made my 10:45am flight 🤗

Hi IrishMac,

Glad to hear you made it off in time for your flight! Sorry we didn't have a chance to say goodbye!

We were staying on in Venice until Monday (very) AM, so we were in no rush to get off the ship and actually didn't until 9:40. We had planned to "walk out" of the port via the people mover and a 10 minute walk to our hotel from P. Roma... but we found ourselves in a "one suitcase too many" situation for a longish walk. While I originally balked at the $120 car ride from the ship to P. Roma, then onto a private taxi boat, I decided to "pay the piper" and just do it. (PS- folks going closer to St Marks Sq were paying $150)

As we drove out of the port at 10:15, you could see the effects of 5 ships unloading at the same time. I would suspect that the stopped line just to get onto the people mover would have taken 30 minutes, elbow to elbow. The lines for the taxis to Marco Polo as well as taxi boats were all long. While the morning had cloud cover that kept the temps reasonable, you could just as easily be "walking out" under a brutal sun.

My message here is that if you can afford to pre arrange transportation, it was money well spent in our book.

Hi Capsu78

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Venice , everything worked out well in the end and we had a great time on our cruise.

We had a little bit of drama on the flight to London were we were to get a connecting flight to Dublin , we had resigned ourselfs that we were going to miss our flight as we only had 1 hour to catch the flight to Dublin.

i wasnt to worried as we had lots of options to get to Dublin that wouldnt be to exspensive.

When we were preparing to land the pilot anounced that we should put our watches back 1 hour to the local time , myself and Linda had a good laugh as we hadnt thought of the time difference so now we had plenty of time to catch our connecting flight. :)