Azura or Britannia Transatlantic?

h3rjp

I'm looking at book the west bound transatlantic from Southampton to Barbados this year, but can't work out which ship to choose!

Thinking of Azura I've cruised lots of times on Princess Grand class ships, plus 2 weeks on the Ventura. I would regard this ship choice as a safe choice for me. But not particularly modern or cutting edge. But does have better pools, better balconies and something that make me feel instantly at home.

During the Ventura cruise I didn't care much for some of the service standards, but I've heard previously that Azura is better.

For Britannia I like the idea of the fact that ship is very of the moment, a lot more modern with an interesting choice of additional entertainment and dining choices. I've also cruised on its sister ship, Regal Princess but that was literally as it left the ship yard and was only a 3rd full.

I enjoyed the updated rooms, the interactive TVs (perfect on lazy sea days) and the layout, but didn't care that much for small balconies, lack of promenade deck, annoying absent centre staircase and under provision of quiet places to swim.

So I'm honestly torn! I'm only going to get one holiday this year and want to make the right decision. Try the latest offering or stick with what I know?

Help [emoji3]!

We did the Azura transatlantic West to East this year and had a very smooth crossing (even the captain could not believe it) There is in our opinion a better decor and ambience onboard Azura as opposed Ventura but can't quite put our finger on why. We heven't been on the Britannia so can't comment.

The dates next year don't work for us and therefore have booked the Crown Princess instead.

I haven't been on Britannia, but I have been on Ventura and Azura and agree about the nicer feel about Azura. I really like Azura and prefer her ambience and decor to that of Ventura. She seems a 'happy' ship too.

Azura is a larger ship than I ideally go for, but she doesn't seem too big once on board I agree. I have found the service excellent and get the feeling that she is very well managed. Can't wait to go again!

Edited by Scriv

I haven't been on Britannia, but I have been on Ventura and Azura and agree about the nicer feel about Azura. I really like Azura and prefer her ambience and decor to that of Ventura. She seems a 'happy' ship too.

Azura is a larger ship than I ideally go for, but she doesn't seem too big once on board I agree. I have found the service excellent and get the feeling that she is very well managed. Can't wait to go again!

I agree Azura feels different to Ventura. There are a couple of things, on Azura the Glasshouse is very classy and is a great venue plus the open seascreen area is way better than the indoor/outdoor pool on Ventura that feels more enclosed and more restricted for sunbed numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from a cruise on Britannia. Enjoyed the cruise but sailed on Azura last year and although the Britannia is more modern I much preferred the atmosphere on Azura and would definitely book Azura over Britannia in future. - Just my opinion.

I second that

• 1 month later...

We took the majority advice and booked Azura.

I watched a 30 minute YouTube video review on Britannia and it swung it for me. Although I take other people's reviews with a pinch of salt, 8 days at sea, 4,000 passengers and just two no-charge hot tubs, the sums didn't add up. So I stumped up the extra £150 for the Azura instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also on Azura to for the transatlantic this year as we to love her atmosphere.

However we have booked the Britannia for next years transatlantic as there is a 3 week choice and we can't do Azura as she goes a week earlier so includes school half term which I cannot take off work. Hope we enjoy her as much as Azura but regardless it will be great to try her for ourselves