Welcome gift for Gold members?

cruiseelady

I would think that since she had already been questioning it that they should consider adding the cruise if she can find proof of the cruise. What I would do if I were her is check my credit card statements. I save all my credit card statements for 7-10 years so if I had a purchase in 2008 I would at least check to see if I still had the statement even though that is a little beyond the number of years I usually save.

It doesn't matter if she does find proof. If the cruise was more than a year ago, they will not credit the points, it says as much right on the Latitutudes FAQS.

It doesn't matter if she does find proof. If the cruise was more than a year ago, they will not credit the points, it says as much right on the Latitutudes FAQS.

If she started questioning it prior to this addition to the rules then it would fall under the old rules. It would be crazy if they had people with a protest already entered concerning a cruise and then invented a new rule excluding the information.

If she started questioning it prior to this addition to the rules then it would fall under the old rules. It would be crazy if they had people with a protest already entered concerning a cruise and then invented a new rule excluding the information.

Just don't call them crazy :rolleyes: but with NCL, they would just do it & couldn't care less. SuiteCruiser's example of the junior membership with the possiblity of missing points or credits is a good one. One of our nieces would be pissed off if & when the grand-niece/nephew turn 18 and ... (well, that is - only if they continue to cruise NCL with everything else going on lately, "loyality" now doubtful.)

NCL had converted and/or upgrade their system tracking Latitude membership more than once & we had to write them a few years ago to restore one of our earliest sailing ... took a "little" time to research & post the credits to both DW & mine. And, watch out for those extra bonus, double point for booking in advance or Latitude specials with the extra points.

Edited by mking8288

I am currently silver and will make gold half way through my 7 day cruise later this month. Is it worthwhile "upgrading" while we are away?
It is not possible* to upgrade in the middle of a cruise by claiming the points for the first few days of that cruise. You only receive the points after the cruise is completed.

*Edit: Anything is possible, at the discretion of the CruiseNext consultant. But I wouldn't ask for this.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

It is not possible* to upgrade in the middle of a cruise by claiming the points for the first few days of that cruise. You only receive the points after the cruise is completed.

*Edit: Anything is possible, at the discretion of the CruiseNext consultant. But I wouldn't ask for this.

No problem :-)

On our last cruise we moved from bronze to silver halfway through, I only realised as chocolates started appearing at night!

• 2 weeks later...
My kids just turned 18. None of their cruises showed until now. I need to check, but the year back won't fly in that case. I'll make a big stink if it does.

none of my grandchildren are showing either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is correct. I had a request in before the Feb 1 deadline, and was able to get my honeymoon cruise (from 2002) added on. Granted, I had to email Cheryl Quackenbush to make it happen, but it did happen.

Platinum perks are pretty decent. Including 2 meals for two at Ke bistro and 2 bottles of wine (assuming there are two of you).

Wine in stateroom.

Free laundry.

Plus a few more.

"Free laundry" is ONE free bag special per cruise per Platinum member.