Sip and Sail price reduction question

chamima

Recent posts from some sources that I consider credible say that sometime this month there'll be a 3 for Free promotion overlapping the S+S. That would include the current Red, White & Blue promotion's free gratuities and add a free specialty dinner & a cabin category upgrade.

The S+S isn't valid for inside & oceanview cabins which hopefully will be included in a 3 for Free promotion. To get the free AIBP on our next cruise we'd have to move from our inside cabin to a balcony resulting in the cost doubling.

We currently have free gratuities (nearly $200/pp) and hopefully there's a 3 for Free to add a specialty dinner & a one cabin category upgrade. :)

I'm planning to book an April 2017 TA tomorrow with sip and sail promotion. If they do sweeten the deal before sip and sail ends, I can cancel and re-book to get all the goodies, correct?

I remember reading complaints about Celebrity pricing when they started to include the drink package. I think Princess has really inflated the prices far more than Celebrity.

I don't think its inflated. Balcony cabin is $869 for December 2017 Mexico 7 day cruise. The beverage package is $56 a day, times seven is $392. So, $477 for a balcony.

We just booked the Sip and Sail promo for a Med Cruise in 2017. Can anyone tell me how much the all inclusive beverage package for 3 is worth?

AIBP costs $56 per night of cruise. Soda and more costs $8.05 per night. So for 3 people, you have something that would cost you $120 per night.

However, evaluate whether you would buy these packages if you had the choice. I don't think I'd ever get the value out of the AIBP, so while it might be a nice perk....it isn't worth $50 per night to me. I'd take the OBC or a better price on the cruise.

Yes, to above poster, if Princess drops prices before the Sip and Sail ends, you can get the better price and the current promotion...but don't hold your breath.

Edited by moki'smommy