Carnival pride

We have normally sailed with NCL and have been on "almost" every ship, however, the GEM is one that we haven't sailed, so I can't speak for it (but we have been on all of the Gem's sister ships).

We have been on the Pride and LOVED it! The entire experience from sailing out of Baltimore on it to the ship to the ports rocked! I would DEFINITELY pick the Pride over the Gem.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures in my signature line if you are interested.

Good luck on your decision. :)

Kim (Mitsugirly-post 27) has a great review of the Pride as does Jamman54. We did a B2B on the Pride last year and a Journeys cruise this year and LOVE the ship and crew. We live in NE NJ but drove down the day before the cruise "just in case" and stayed at Best Western, Elkridge. It is not near the activity in Baltimore, but it was great for an overnight and there is free parking and free shuttle to and from the ship. Have never been on Gem, but my vote goes to the Pride and for $2500 less it is a no brainer! :D ps/I used trinityreservations.com to book Best Western-it had better rates than booking directly with the hotel.

The Pride is our favorite by far! Can't wait to sail on her for 14 days in February. I was on the same cruise as Kim (Mitsugirly), and my Photo review is in my signature.

I just read your Pride review, it was awesome! Your wife really does have an exceptional eye with the camera, and you all seem to have such great taste, with one exception...the Devils? I am originally from South Jersey and was born a Flyers fan. We are on the Pride 27NOV for the Florida/Bahamas itinerary. I have a friend who is a CM at WDW and she can get us into the Parks for free, so the Port Canaveral stop is a free shore excursion for us. I wish we were headed to HMC, it looks amazing! Maybe next time....

Edited by flyersfan1129

What hotel do you use for parking and shuttle service to Port of Baltimore?

We stay at the Best Western BWI. We booked it through Trinity Reservations. This September will be our second time there. Great price for one night stay and parking for the week. The shuttle is great as well. And there's a restaurant, Stained Glass pub, that's right across from the hotel. Very convenient and we really enjoyed ourselves there.

We stay at the Best Western BWI. We booked it through Trinity Reservations. This September will be our second time there. Great price for one night stay and parking for the week. The shuttle is great as well. And there's a restaurant, Stained Glass pub, that's right across from the hotel. Very convenient and we really enjoyed ourselves there.
We do also (see my post #29) This is the BW in Elkridge. They also have a very nice complimentary continental breakfast and coffee/tea in lobby all day/night. Just be aware that the hotel is NOT near downtown Baltimore if you plan to do sightseeing, etc.