Any recent reports on Liberty "voom" surf or stream speeds?

Just got off Jun26 sailing of LOTs. Had the Surf (not stream) pkg. Purchased in advance when they had some special running.

It is certainly not true VOOM as they have on newer ships. But overall speed was better than previous WiFi on Navigator for instance. Good enough to do Citrix and Remote Terminal back to office, etc.

But i had to reconnect alot. Meaning memorize the access code they give you (cant paste it). I probably only lost an active session maybe once or twice. But if if inactive for say 15 or 30 mins, always had to go thru login process again. Sometimes having to drop the WiFi and reconnect etc.

Had corner aft cabin and had good signal in room and on balcony for general browsing and email etc.

Would i get it again? Sure. But i despise they advertise it as VOOM.

I tried a speedtest, but i think my phone policy from work did something to block it.

Had the one-device pkg and was able to also use on son's phone and a laptop, one at a time with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Jun26 sailing of LOTs. Had the Surf (not stream) pkg. ... But overall speed was better than previous WiFi on Navigator for instance ...

But i had to reconnect alot. ... Sometimes having to drop the WiFi and reconnect etc.

Thanks, very good information!

I wonder if the connection problems occurred with the Stream package as well? The surf would be sufficient for me, but if the Stream package results in better connection, I may consider Surf & Stream instead.

Thanks again!

Unless something changes, you can expect ping in the 600+ms range and down speeds up to .5MBs for SURF and up to 4MBs on STREAM. I don't believe there's any difference between the packages when it comes to the connection itself.

Edited by Biker19