Solstice Internet--upgraded yet?

Poconolady

We'll be on the 10 day Solstice voyage in September from Vancouver to Hawaii. Does anyone know how well the new and improved Xcelerate Wi-Fi will work in the open Pacific during the first five sea days until we reach Hawaii? How strong are the satellite connections in this area of the Pacific? Maybe we'll be the first to test it.

We'll be on the 10 day Solstice voyage in September from Vancouver to Hawaii. Does anyone know how well the new and improved Xcelerate Wi-Fi will work in the open Pacific during the first five sea days until we reach Hawaii? How strong are the satellite connections in this area of the Pacific? Maybe we'll be the first to test it.

We were on the Solstice last week, and the wifi connection was significantly improved over last year on Silhouette. However, that's not saying much. My husband was so frustrated last summer with the speed that he threatened to never cruise again. :eek:

yup:

DSC02406.jpg

I was on Solsitice at the end of may with the "upgraded internet" I got this as part of the go best package. I was not impressed at all, my wifes iPhone only connected once and it often took 5 or 10 minutes for my phone to connect no matter where I was on the ship. Had I paid for the service I would have been really disappointed.

I think phones are the issue, I had no issue with my laptop on Solstice, worked great and MUCH faster than previously, always got right on and everything was fast though I didnt try streaming video, my phone not so much but lots of others seemed to use their phones a lot so who knows, maybe its the type of phone that's the issue.

We were on the (opposite) repositioning, Honolulu-Vancouver, in May. Can't answer your question because Xcelerate was installed on Solstice the following week. I will say, though, that the available Wi-Fi seemed no better or worse during the five sea days.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by tnfcruise