Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale

pajazz28

I am traveling on the Carnival Conquest in two weeks. I live in Florida so most cruise I show up at the port around 11;00am and I usually have to wait till the ship start boarding but I am allowed to do the security check and get check in at that time. I am seeing on the boarding pass and on Carnivals FAQ that the Conquest starts boarding between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Most Carnival Cruises I have been on I am in my room by 1:00pm. What gives? Has anyone gotten to Port Everglades lately around 11:00am and what has happened? Have you been able to go through security and checked in? What time were you allowed to board the ship?

We sailed in May on the Conquest and arrived at the terminal around 10:45 a.m. We are Platinum and check-in was fast but once we were in the Platinum area, things slowed down quite a bit and they did not start boarding until 12:30 p.m. We were told that there were stragglers on the previous cruise that held up our boarding. If that is true or not, I don't know. My daughter was in the downstairs holding area and had Zone #5. She boarded around 12:50 p.m.