I don't see internet packages for our cruise?

JAMESCC

We are sailing NCL for the first time this Oct. to Bermuda. We are all paid up including gratuities. Anyway when I login I see excursions, drink packages, dining packages but it says 0 for internet packages. Any reason for that? Can you only book those or buy those when you are on the ship? I thought once we got this close to sailing we'd see these packages. I'd just like to check them out, and possibly see if one fits our budget. Thanks for any responses, and if anyone knows how is the connection or speed on the internet on the Breakaway?

SpeedNet by NCL hasn't rolled out yet - planned for July 2016 and it is still early in the month. Relax as you are still almost 3 months out - and, knowing NCL - I would expect pricing & plans/package offering to possibly be amended by the time you sailed, especially with the newer & faster satellite connectivity.

That might explain the lack of info/pricing so far out, just my "guess" and it has the fastest (still too slow for many end users) inTERnet portal and the inTRAnet is solid supporting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi modes. See post #151 and also #150 here - additional info/screenshots in the rest of the update/review, done mostly live & semi-live.

Being a shared connection, download and upload speeds varied and affected by many factors - just like cable connections on a shared node, very different than say Fios, and affected by demands & loads. Uploads speed were actually not bad over 5 GHz with fewer users - pack/choose your hardware carefully to max'd out yours.

As you will docked for 2.5 days in Bermuda, you should consider other options and see what your cellular ISP has to offer; and, also the paid WiFi option, good at Dockyard & a # of hotspots elsewhere on the island with the 3 day pass. You should have more than sufficient info to evaluate based on your needs & budget, etc.

I asked this same question a few weeks back because there's no internet packs showing for our Gem sailing on 20 August. I was sure they were there ages ago, and then when I went to look - not there. I've resigned myself to "switching off" but really would have liked to indulge my inner writer and try a live review...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replies. I will post back when internet packages available. I would like a plan. I know that annoys some people here, but I'd like to be able to check email at the very least.