June 25 Baltic Sea on Star

We just finished a B2B on Star, and I want to start off with the cruise itself and most of the crew were just fantastic!! But....

When in Stockholm, we had engine failure, which meant we couldn't leave until early the next morning, which meant we wouldn't get back to Copenhagen until 3 pm on disembarkation day. We actually arrived after 4. We missed our flight to the states, as did many others.

We can't get a flight home until Thursday. The only hotel rooms available are $500 plus. We have one of those rooms, and it is the pits. NCL's offer of $300 flight change per person and $250 for one night's stay does not even begin to cover our (or anybody that I talked to) costs for this snafu. It doesn't cover even a third of what we have had to spend for alternate travel plans. We will be submitting all receipts and see what happens and we also will submit to travel insurance.

With that said, NCL didn't do a very good job handling things. Overall, we were treated poorly. Three phone lines and eight computers were provided for 2000 people who needed to make new travel plans. Lines were very long. We spent 15 hours on our last sea day trying to get a flight and hotel. This does not even begin to cover the problems, and treatment, people were having.

The whole situation really makes me sad. We have loved NCL, but this has left a bad taste. We tried to stay positive, but when things kept going from bad to worse, to even more worse, it became difficult. I'm just hoping we can get past this and want to sail with NCL again.

Sorry to hear you missed your flight, but these things happen and at least the engine issues were found whilst in port and then a plan was put in place. We all know the horror stories of when a ship loses power mid-voyage.

Both Stockholm and Cooenhagen are some of the most beautiful cities in the world. Think of it more like an extended holiday, claim on your travel insurance for the hotels/flights and enjoy!

My family was also on this cruise. The $300 they were offering per person for the travel change costs won't even begin to cover half our ticket change prices. Luckily we were able to get a fairly cheap room in Copenhagen and fly home via Heathrow the next day. This was only because we were able to contact the American branch or our airline the evening of the announcement in Stockholm.

That last day at sea was stressful and everyone was really worried about bookings. Definitely a bad vibe onboard.:mad:

This was our second NCL cruise. I'm looking at other carriers for our next cruise for sure.

I was on this one as well. I was fortunate in that I planned an extra day in Copenhagen so I didn't have to change my travel plans. However, some friends who were with us had to change their plans twice. First after they were told they would be able to disembark in Stockholm and then again after they were told they wouldn't be able to do so. This was my first and probably last NCL cruise. The delay in return was just icing on the cake of my disappointment in NCL. :(

However, some friends who were with us had to change their plans twice. First after they were told they would be able to disembark in Stockholm and then again after they were told they wouldn't be able to do so.(

While I would accept the problems that the Star was having this would have really got me going!! :eek:

There are plenty of trains, never mind the flights, to get from Stockholm to Copenhagen that would have allowed making the flight home.

This needs looking into.