Will Not complain about Carnival's Beverage Policy again

VolzCruiser

Of late Carnival has had their share of stupid ideas, I've been pretty active on the thread for twice a. Day cabin service thread on this board.. Looks like CCL might have figured out that was a bad idea.

One thing I like about RCCL, when they hit one in the tall grass, they're not afraid to take a step back and re-evaluate...(Not so dynamic dining).

Join the FB group Friendly Carnival Cruisers. Many have reported this month being told they must choose morning or night, not both. The only difference now is instead of many people supporting the poster they are all bashing them saying once a day is all that is needed.

Bargain for less, you get less.

Just saying, maybe CCL didn't learn. Amazing 10 months after the first trial, and JH saying you can have twice a day, still SOME are reporting they can not. If it is CCL's policy that you can have 2x a day service and some stewards refuse to, they should be promptly retrained properly or sent home. Ultimately they damage the brand.

Well...today I learned that NCL's UBP (Unlimited Beverage Package)...is a limited package!

Any "BEVERAGE" package that doesn't include soda & water...is not much of a package. AKA...not much of a cruise line.

And a CEO that will publicly state (instead of just thinking/acting upon it)...that we can charge what we want...not much of a leader and his employees will soon find that their paychecks start dwindling and they will never see a raise. Greedy is as greedy does. ABANDON SHIP!

Join the FB group Friendly Carnival Cruisers. Many have reported this month being told they must choose morning or night, not both. The only difference now is instead of many people supporting the poster they are all bashing them saying once a day is all that is needed.

Bargain for less, you get less.

Just saying, maybe CCL didn't learn. Amazing 10 months after the first trial, and JH saying you can have twice a day, still SOME are reporting they can not. If it is CCL's policy that you can have 2x a day service and some stewards refuse to, they should be promptly retrained properly or sent home. Ultimately they damage the brand.

To me this is Carnival's modus operandi. When they first did away with the Captain's party, they replaced it with a farewell party, but poorly communicated it and then did away with it all together "due to lack of interest". I could give several other examples, but my point is I don't think the way this was rolled out is an accident.

Anybody remember when they "accidentally" posted a list of pax who had removed their tips in the galley?

Edited by nealstuber

Well...today I learned that NCL's UBP (Unlimited Beverage Package)...is a limited package!

Any "BEVERAGE" package that doesn't include soda & water...is not much of a package. AKA...not much of a cruise line.

And a CEO that will publicly state (instead of just thinking/acting upon it)...that we can charge what we want...not much of a leader and his employees will soon find that their paychecks start dwindling and they will never see a raise. Greedy is as greedy does. ABANDON SHIP!

It does include fountain soda, just not soda in a can. As for water...it's free in multiple places around the ship.