Denali logistical questions

Cruzin4vacay

We will be there in 2 weeks! Can't wait. But I have a few questions. We will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise tour and I'm wondering how we get around "town" when we are in Denali. For example, if we want to go out to eat at a restaurant that's not in our lodge, or walkable, what are the means of transportation? Also, does anyone know if there are coin operated laundry facilities nearby? I haven't been able to find it on the lodge website.

There isn't a 'town'. There's an area called Glitter Gulch about a mile north of the Park Entrance; it's a small strip mall with several restaurants and shops.

Your hotel is not located near the park entrance; looks to be about 6 or 7 miles south.

If you want to go off property, the hotel has a courtesy shuttle to the Park. Hop off at the Wilderness Access Center and from there you can walk about a mile to Glitter Gulch, or use the Denali Salmon Bake Shuttle, or a very expensive taxi.

your hotel shuttle

http://www.denaliparkvillage.com/discover/getting-here/

Denali salmon bake shuttle

http://denaliparksalmonbake.com/shuttle_schedule.html

The Lodge map shows a laundry at Bldg 7. Call to find out about the hours.

http://www.denaliparkvillage.com/media/399822/denali-park-village_property-map.pdf

As mentioned, there is no "town". Problem is, your location is a tough place to be without a car, (even with a car, it's less than ideal). You are going to have to use their shuttle buses, keeping tract of schedules. They don't run often.

You don't ask, but if you happen to be taking a shuttle bus, you need to take a shuttle bus, at least an hour prior.

Do your homework and know where Denali attractions are and what shuttle is needed to get there. Allow plenty of time.

If of interest, be certain to get INTO the park, which with the cruise tours, only means the Tundra Wilderness Tour".

If you want to go off property, the hotel has a courtesy shuttle to the Park. Hop off at the Wilderness Access Center and from there you can walk about a mile to Glitter Gulch, or use the Denali Salmon Bake Shuttle, or a very expensive taxi.

FWIW, HAL/Princess also runs a shuttle loop from their properties across the street from Glitter Gulch to both the WAC and the Visitor Center. I seem to remember it was roughly every half hour; look for the Princess coach leaving from the three flag polls out in front of the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge. They never asked to show anything indicating we were HAL guests.

The Denali Park Village is south of the park entrance. The DPV is at mile 231 while the park entrance road is located at mile 237. The "Glitter Gulch" area is located north of the park entrance road.

The Denali Park Village is being mentioned by Celebrity Millennium cruisers who were also on Celebrity cruise tours. Both "Jane 2357" and "K.T.B." have described their experience there in their reviews of the Millennium (just check the Reviews Cruise Critic section).

We've driven by the property a number of times, but have never bothered to drive down the access road to actually view it. But I would not want to stay there without a car.

The hotel's shuttle into the park only operates until about 6pm. But there is a private shuttle service that runs every hour from the Denali Park Village to the canyon/Glitter Gulch area from the late afternoon until late at night (midnight or so). Cost is $5/person each way. The hotel has more specific information on this shuttle if you are interested.

We will be there in 2 weeks! Can't wait. But I have a few questions. We will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise tour and I'm wondering how we get around "town" when we are in Denali. For example, if we want to go out to eat at a restaurant that's not in our lodge, or walkable, what are the means of transportation? Also, does anyone know if there are coin operated laundry facilities nearby? I haven't been able to find it on the lodge website.

No "town" but Glitter Gulch has a good pizza place and there are restaurants in most of the hotels. There are lots of cute shops in Glitter Gulch too.

I'll be in Denali PArk Village on July 23-25. What's a good place for breakfast nearby, we will have a car.

The "area", is this lodge complex, that's it.

If you want to go farther away from Denali - I, just about always have meal at The Perch.