Port of Miami hotels

Just wondering whether there is a reasonably priced hotel near the Port of Miami for a one night stay. By reasonable, I mean less than $200 per night. Shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal would be delightful as well!

Just wondering whether there is a reasonably priced hotel near the Port of Miami for a one night stay. By reasonable, I mean less than $200 per night. Shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal would be delightful as well!

I would also ask on the Florida Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Some very knowledgable folks there.

Haven't sailed out of Miami for a few years, however, in the past the Holiday Inn Port of Miami was always very popular with cruisers; right across the street from Bayside Market Place. Just a very big, old HI, but well kept and popular with cruisers. Read somewhere that it was up for sale, but don't know what happened.

I like the Holiday Inn (recently renovated) across the street from Bayside Market, although prices can be above the $200 mark, depending on the time of year. There is also an Intercontinental down the block; I think I've read that folks can get a decent price through Priceline?

Taxi from the airport to the port (and HIPOM) is flat rate of about $27 (and there is also Uber.) Taxi to the port from HIPOM is around $10.

This is a good area to stay if you're not renting a car - the Bayside Market has lots of shops and restaurants, and live music so a good way to spend the day precruise. And if you get a room facing the port, you will see your ship when you wake up. :)

A lot of people recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites Brickell - which is in in downtown Miami but very close to the port. Breakfast is included and it is easy walking distance to various restaurants. Standard room is typically $161 on weekend nights. We don't bother with shuttles as taxis are quite inexpensive and much faster.