An Alaskan Adventure on the Sun - Pictorial Review with Menus, Dailies, and Puppies.

shadowmeboy

Hi Matthew, thank you for the suggestions! I love a good piece of meat and based on your review and pictures I think Cagney's and Moderno will be perfect for me. DH is Italian so a night at La Cucina is probably in our future as well. ... Thanks for the info on the bathroom amenities. This will help me plan and pack appropriately!

Kristi Barber's answer above is right on.

Of note, I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I will use the body wash as long as it's not too smelly.

On the specialties, we went to Moderno twice, once using a sdp meal and the other paying the cover charge. We would not have done this if it was an ala carte restaurant. I will not do Le Bistro on our next cruises because the quality has gone down. We will do La Cucina, Moderno, and Cagneys.

Hi Matthew, thank you for the suggestions! I love a good piece of meat and based on your review and pictures I think Cagney's and Moderno will be perfect for me. DH is Italian so a night at La Cucina is probably in our future as well. ... Thanks for the info on the bathroom amenities. This will help me plan and pack appropriately!

I reposted the pictures of the filet and Tomahawk.

• 1 month later...
Alaina,

I would stand just forward of the second lifeboat from the bow.

Matthew

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the photo! Just trying to figure out how to get where you were standing from my cabin. I think I got it now! Thanks!!

Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love that you made it to Palmer and Hatcher's Pass! We're a great little town :)

Palmer was a cool town to go through. I was surprised how spread out it is. I was expecting everything a little more condensed. Girdwood was the same way.

Hatcher's was amazing. I had fun taking pictures up there! I hope to go back up there sometime.

• 1 month later...

Matthew,

This is the best review I've ever seen on CC. I'm just glad I got to see your great photography before Photo Bucket pulled the plug!

You should do this for a living!

Thanks for your efforts.

Matthew,

This is the best review I've ever seen on CC. I'm just glad I got to see your great photography before Photo Bucket pulled the plug!

You should do this for a living!

Thanks for your efforts.

I am blown away by your accolades.

I am considering redoing this review, not to change it, but to get pictures back. I would take the original text and redo the pictures using where I am having my pictures hosted now. Should I?

I got off the Sun in Alaska a week ago or so. I loved your review. I started including day by day journals of my cruise on here, but stopped doing it on here because yours was just so visual and helpful to people. I saved my dailies too but have been too lazy to scan.

None of your photos work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am aware of that. I have switched photo hosting websites due to the one I was using only allowing 3rd party hosting at its most expensive plan. So, I was discussing redoing this review, using my new photo hosting site, but keeping the same posts.

Yes, I am aware of that. I have switched photo hosting websites due to the one I was using only allowing 3rd party hosting at its most expensive plan. So, I was discussing redoing this review, using my new photo hosting site, but keeping the same posts.

So sad! That would be so much work [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31] I'm going to read through the text though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am considering redoing this review, not to change it, but to get pictures back. I would take the original text and redo the pictures using where I am having my pictures hosted now. Should I?

My suggestion? Start your own personal blog and transfer the review and photos to it.

I have done very lengthy reviews on Cruise Critic in the past, but then after a few weeks the reviews fade to the back pages of the forum.

Now that I have started my blog, I find myself going back and reading about our past trips and re-living the memories...something I rarely did with the old Cruise Critic reviews. I have the link availabe in my signature so others can read my journals as well. I love looking at the stats and seeing where all of the readers are from...and am amazed that people all over the world have found my little blog!

Losing your photos from this review might be just the incentive you need to get a blog started!