Norwegian Breakaway Uptown burger/grill hours

Sprasa03

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere but I could not find it!

Multiple people complained about the 'limited hours' of the Uptown restaurant but I can't find where they share the actual hours. Does anyone know when it opens and closes?

Through other threads I think I've found the hours for every other restaurant on the Breakaway besides uptown!

Also I hear O' Sheehans is open late but is it open 24 hours?

Is there ever a gap where nothing is open?

I find that restaurants are sparse between the hours of 2pm and 4pm but please correct me if I'm wrong.

O'Sheehans is 24 hours. Have seen posts that they "close/delay seating" for a few minutes as they switch menus from breakfast to all day to late night. O'Sheehans was packed at 2am nightly during our sail.

I didn't pay close attention to hours but one day on our June sailing, we had breakfast at Uptown Grill at and a burger just as they were closing around 4

Some people have posted the Dailies and they have all the dining hours, you can search for them.

There were plenty of food options and if you are willing to pay the 7.95, room service is available

Enjoy your cruise!

Disclaimers:

Uptown Grill - unconfirmed date/conversion change from being a free venue to paid, Margaritaville

Fleetwide - menu changes for July 2016 onward (unconfirmed yet) so offerings could change by OP's sailing date next month, even if it's still UG and not MV

Hours -

Embarkation Day - no services, except as "Uptown Bar" 4:00 PM till closing :p

Sea Days - (Breakfast 8 to 11 AM) as Uptown Grill, 12 noon to 4 PM

Port Days - Breakfast & then Grill Snacks, 2:30 PM to 6 PM

Disembarkation morning - not open

These hours are a guide and subject to changes, at NCL's discretion, for your convenience. Refer to the current Freestyle Daily on "your" cruising days, as what is true today could well be ... :eek:

For mid/late afternoon - O'Sheehans is open. Garden Cafe (buffet) will have something / items typically from the lunch selections.

I guess I'll have to wait and see - I'd be interested in trying margaritaville if it's that by the time i sail.

I'll probably come at the lucky time where uptown grill is closed and margaritaille is not yet open LOL

Why would you look forward to the conversion when they will serve the same food and now charge you for it.

Because it is food prepared to a different standard. Just like all of the specialty restaurants. When you do 6+ cruises a year, you are able to tell the difference.

Sorry. Yes, but two years ago, it was a walk up buffet type. Now it is a Burger Bar where you have to put in an order, get a number for the table and have them deliver it.

Burgers were good as always, but the new order take system causes lines back to almost the entrance near the rock wall.

Because it is food prepared to a different standard. Just like all of the specialty restaurants. When you do 6+ cruises a year, you are able to tell the difference.

If the food is prepared like it is on land based chain Margaritaville restaurants, then why would someone pay for it? The Margaritavlle in our town has no one in it, unless it's vacationers. People go there for the unique atmosphere, not the food. Margaritaville on the ship has no atmosphere. I'll take an uptown grill burger over a cheeseburger in paradise anyday. We travel a lot, although only 5 cruises a year, and uptown grill has one of the best burgers we've had anywhere. Very sad to see it go. It's one of the things that makes the Breakaway unique. Now it can be just like the Escape and Getaway. Another a la carte restaurant. Although unlike the other a al carte restaurants in the fleet there's no problem getting table, since so few people go now.