Just back from Jewel Aegean itinerary - Any questions?

Welcome back. We are boarding tomorrow for the same itinerary and so excited! Good to see that you were still able to go to Turkey.

It is an amazing itinerary and the ship is fantastic! You will have a great time. Turkey truly was a highlight of our trip.

Hi, did they offer any reductions or package on the specialty restaurants during your trip? Thanks

Hi, yes they did. We only ate at Chops, so I can't remember the details, but there was definitely incentive to purchase multiple specialty dinners.

It is an amazing itinerary and the ship is fantastic! You will have a great time. Turkey truly was a highlight of our trip.

Hi, yes they did. We only ate at Chops, so I can't remember the details, but there was definitely incentive to purchase multiple specialty dinners.

Thank you, we are sailing in November and definitely want to do Chops and Izumi :)

For tendering did they use tender tickets our did u just get in line?? Was there priority tickets for suites and D+

Tendering was the usual disaster. We are diamond, and no priority tender tickets. Not sure about higher levels. It was insanity. A huge line snaking all around the deck 5 centrum to get tender tickets. No one knew where it ended, or they were just unable to get to the end, so many people just pushed into the middle of the line. It was chaos, no staff to direct anyone.

Santorini was the biggest disappointment due to all the waiting around. We were lucky enough to make it into Tender #8 ( I think there was more than 20), and even still only made it into Oia at 3:15. Official docking time was 1:00pm. We took the speedboat which was faster than the cable car / bus combo. Upon arriving in Oia, we were told the final bus back to Fira was at 5:00, so less than 2 hours in Oia. I can't imagine what people on the later tenders did .

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

For tendering did they use tender tickets our did u just get in line?? Was there priority tickets for suites and D+

I'll jump on here. No priority tickets for anyone other than Pinnacle and suites. The Diamond Concierge told me that they weren't necessary as mostly people didn't bother using them. Absolute nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you, we are sailing in November and definitely want to do Chops and Izumi :)

OK, I found my Compass. This is what is says: "You can enjoy 3, 4 or 5 dinners in any of our specialty restaurants for a very convenient price with our Specialty Dinner Packages. Packages start at $70 and are limited"

I've heard that the champagne bar has been replaced by Vintages. Would you happen to know if they serve tapas at a fee like Vintages on the Oasis does, or is it just wine?

Correct, it is Vintages now. Sorry, I do not know whether or not they serve tapas.

Tendering was the usual disaster. We are diamond, and no priority tender tickets. Not sure about higher levels. It was insanity. A huge line snaking all around the deck 5 centrum to get tender tickets. No one knew where it ended, or they were just unable to get to the end, so many people just pushed into the middle of the line. It was chaos, no staff to direct anyone.

Santorini was the biggest disappointment due to all the waiting around. We were lucky enough to make it into Tender #8 ( I think there was more than 20), and even still only made it into Oia at 3:15. Official docking time was 1:00pm. We took the speedboat which was faster than the cable car / bus combo. Upon arriving in Oia, we were told the final bus back to Fira was at 5:00, so less than 2 hours in Oia. I can't imagine what people on the later tenders did .

what happened to those who had a ship tour booked

what happened to those who had a ship tour booked

Friends on a ship tour did not have to wait for tender tickets, they went on tender #7. They said their excursion felt very rushed. Also, the ship excursion left them up in Fira, and they needed to wait in line with everyone for the cable car down

Sorry to hear about the tendering process. Mine was terrible on the Vision of the Seas last year at Villefranche(Was number 10 and waited 4 hours to get off the ship) and have 2 tender ports next year on the Jewel(Santorini and Mykonos). Still had a great time.

What did you do in Turkey and did you do a ship or a private excursion?

What did you do in Turkey and did you do a ship or a private excursion?

LOVED Turkey! Booked a private excursion and it was amazing. We met our driver at 8:00 am and went to the ruins in Ephesus. We were one of the first ones there. We toured the ruins and the Terrace Houses, and then went for lunch and to the carpet demo. I don't know why people knock the carpet demo - we found it fascinating how they cultivate the silk from the silk worms, and how they make the carpets. This was better and more informative than any museum exhibit on the subject could have been. Of course, their purpose was to sell, but they were very courteous and took no for an answer. Our tour ran longer than the allotted time, as we were having so much fun, and the guide did not mind.

After we had fun at the markets in Kusadasi. Those guys are REALLY pushy, but you just need to smile, say No and keep walking if you are not interested. Lots of great "genuine fakes" if you do happen to be interested, but make sure to negotiate.

I'll jump on here. No priority tickets for anyone other than Pinnacle and suites. The Diamond Concierge told me that they weren't necessary as mostly people didn't bother using them. Absolute nonsense.

Thanks so much. In Oct we will be in a GS so may take advantage of the priority tickets then.

Kusadasi - was there the street market day or just normal bazaar?

We've been to land based holidays to Kusadasi three times and I know there used to be Wednesday street market for everything possible and you could haggle. But they may have changed, it's been two years since our last land based holiday there.

Yes, the street market is still on Wednesday. Fortunately we docked that day and were able to go there. It's a decent walk from the ship when it's really hot. The stall holders are really pushy but not unpleasant if you don't buy.

Morning Jacqueline. We are back next May on the Rhapsody and decided to wait and see Ephesus then. It may be cooler slightly earlier in the year. Would you share the name of your tour company as it sounds like a great tour. By the way we were on tender 16 in Santorini and didn't dare take the boat to Oia. Fortunately, again the Rhapsody calls there and has a full day in port. Cheers, Elaine