back from the Star mystery cruise!

camperhawk

Just back from our 10/16-10/23 sailing on the Star. We never knew quite where we were going to end up and all the staff loved calling it the mystery cruise. Great ship, terrific cruise even with the changes. Will write a longer review later..... Any questions?

Glad to hear you made it back safely. So did Leslie and I. And now Leslie is back in Atlanta.

Wilma swept across the southern tip of the state today between 10 AM and noon. It was fast moving, I just didn't take particular notice of the exact time. The eye was over West Palm, so FLL was pretty close. The winds were approx 100 mph. I hope there was not much damage. Fast moving storms usually don't have time to do a lot of destruction.

I'll be anxious to know exactly which ports the Star ends up in this coming week! Some said back to the eastern/others the western with Costa Maya substituted for Cozumel/ and still others said islands further south. Another mystery crusie perhaps! There is another disturbance in the eastern Carib, which will be named Alpha if it develops into anything significant.

I'll be anxious to know exactly which ports the Star ends up in this coming week! Some said back to the eastern/others the western with Costa Maya substituted for Cozumel/ and still others said islands further south. Another mystery crusie perhaps! There is another disturbance in the eastern Carib, which will be named Alpha if it develops into anything significant.

From someone on the ship, I've been told they will have San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, and Princess Cays.

What happens if you had pre-arranged excursions through Princess and then they change the itinerary? Do your get a refund? Do you get first dibs on selecting a new excursion at the new port?
Your excursions aren't charged until you board and then they're put on your onboard account. If the itinerary is changed before sailing, they won't be charged. If the itinerary is changed or the port is cancelled, your onboard account will be automatically credited for the excursion(s). Once you get onboard, you'll be able to select excursions at the new port(s).

From someone on the ship, I've been told they will have San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, and Princess Cays.

That's where we went in February when the Star was doing one week eastern one week western. I don't know why they switched to all western Tortola was nice.

Does anyone know if the Star finally made it to Ocho? The web cam on Monday showed it heading that way. We have friends still on board for a back to back, and would like to know where they ended up since our itinerary changed so much!

No Ocho this trip. San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, and Prin Cays will be the stops..... if weather holds!

She definitely enjoyed the cruise and would love to go again if she had the money. Actually, Barbara probably knows more cuz they had some serious jokes and secrets going on between them at the dinner table. I was thankful she found someone to cut up with. She said maybe we could cruise together in a couple of years, but not in the fall hurricane season. I think she may try RCCL or Carnival for more activities~~Princess & Aunt Gloria were a little quiet for her on sea days. I hope she'll be able to find a more suitable cruising partner; I enjoyed being with her, but just wasn't as lively as she needed.

Thanks for the info, INM&M. Please keep us posted when you hear from your friends onboard!

San Juan, St Thomas (again), Tortola, and Princess Cays (again) for Barbara & Bruce. No Ocho for B&B still!! Oh well, another cruising adventure not knowing where they'll end up or dock! I'm sure they'll have fun with their new group.

Hi Again! Just home from the first day back at work!:eek: OH no, I was so hoping Barb would get to see Ocho, this is now the 4th attempt without success, and Bruce said He'll probably just have to fly her there and get it over with! Oh well, Im sure you're right, they will still have a ball.

Again, let me compliment you on being a terrific aunt, and introducing Leslie to cruising, I know my son wants to go on the next one with us after he had his first cruise at 17, his second at 18. and now was to busy in college for this past one. But......... I bet it wont be long that he would prefer to go with his friends etc. and I'll just have to go it alone sometimes! Fine with me.:) Sharon

I know, I feel bad for Barb too! But she'll make the best of it.

Thanks for the compliments - actually I enjoyed showing Leslie around and would have liked to have shown her more.... Anyway, it was a fun mystery cruise that none of us are likely to forget anytime soon. It was a pleasure meeting you & Ange and running into you on the ship. Be sure to take that boy/man child of yours cruising as often as you can. Memories are made that will mean a lot to both of you in the future. :) I wish we had started cruising when our son was younger - now he's an adult with a life and job of his own and has no interest in going with us.

Archived