Naples boat trip

sinysusie

Having done the Amalfi by car (driving) once, by tour coach a few times and by the local SITA bus more times than I can count, and once by boat, there is absolutely no comparison between the land trips and the boat trip. From the water, all you see are the towns and some cliffs...pretty but, IMHO, misses the whole point.

I am hoping to get boat trip from naples along Amalfi coast rather than coach/mini bus has anyone done this and if so which tour did you book with please ?

I understand wanting to see the Amalfi Coast, but if you could combine a tour of one or two cities you may enjoy it more. The water perspective is nice, but the towns have so much more to offer. Traveling by water to see this area gives you both experiences. It is easy to travel to Capri and Sorrento by water, as the ferries etc. run on a defined schedule, not that they are always on time. Also promise yourself that you will return; that has been my philosophy...get a taste and return to stay several days on land. Combining both a cruise with a land stay is my favorite way to travel; adding a car is great. There is just too much to see in Italy and Europe. Try to rethink your premise by researching and getting information from Cruise Critic, as you are already doing. You are on the right track by not wanting to go on a bus. Private tour sharing is the best, along with DIY, as it is not that difficult, but may be a bit intimidating if this is your first time.

Edited by Lastdance