New Menus on the dawn

preppykate08

Sorry no menu to post but Los Lobos was excellent. Service was great and although a little slow, everything ordered was spaced appropriately which is a huge plus to me. Nothing worse than having your salad, then seconds later the apps and entree placed on the table.

Drinks ordered and served, then to share items served first Followed by apps, then entrees. Highly recommend the table side guacamole fresh and delicious. Salsa although a bit on the mild side was very fresh. Homemade chips were delicious. Entrees were delicious, we enjoyed the Chicken Tinga rojo burrito, and the poblano peppers. Everyone in our party was extremely pleased by all. Prices extremely reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the menu for Los Lobos. My understanding is La Cuchina also has a new menu like the one on the Escape. We did not eat there because we thought it was the old Cuchina menu. Our friends did and said it was really awesome.

I am hoping possibly someone has this menu as well...or can tell me where I can find it.

Thank you!

We dined at Los Lobos on the 8/12 - 8/19 sailing, too. All three adults loved it, and the 8 year old kid with us was overjoyed when the waiter asked him if he would like some cookies and came back with a dish of 6! We all thought the food was very good, the prices were certainly reasonable and we loved the guacamole prepared at the table. We were there early - around 5:45 and it wasn't that busy, I hope they get lots of support, it's a nice option.

Their menu looks good to us. What were your favorites?

Highly recommend the carme asada for an entrée basically steak fajitas and the best Ones I've ever had. As well as the table side guacamole is amazing! If your interested is trying something different check out the chorizo sausage queso. That is amazing too. Basically one big bowl of cheese with sausage that you pile into hand made tortillas! Also try there frozen margarita delicious. Those were my fav things!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Highly recommend the carme asada for an entrée basically steak fajitas and the best Ones I've ever had. As well as the table side guacamole is amazing! If your interested is trying something different check out the chorizo sausage queso. That is amazing too. Basically one big bowl of cheese with sausage that you pile into hand made tortillas! Also try there frozen margarita delicious. Those were my fav things!

Thanks for the carme asada recommendation. I had no idea what to order but I love steak fajitas so now I know. Thanks again.

Aren't they using Angus graded beef, minced ones used for the burgers should do in a pinch. I don't think they can use skirt steak cuts, our friend's place use flank steak - since this is a la carte pricing, food cost per serving shouldn't be a problem ... just raise the prices or charge more :D

Off-topic slightly, how's the smell/odor in the nearby public area. My source on the Dawn that returned last week said they're still having plumbing issues in the public toilets and overheard some guests complaining down at Guest Services about flooded rooms. That's not good for being just out of dry dock again. Anyone care to confirm or update - and, heads up for others sailing soon.

Dawn was/is one of our favorite ship when she was home port in NY and she is returning next year to do some runs, and, they better get to the bottom of the plumbing system or whatever

They still haven't corrected the public bathroom problems? When we were on board last year, that was an issue. The ladies room on the pool deck had some stalls marked out of order. That's the one bathroom which should never be out of order for long periods.

We have a 4 dinner UDP on our Dec. Dawn cruise. Can't seem to find specialty restaurant menus on NCL website. Am I looking in the wrong place.

Have a board on my page that is a review that others have posted a posted pictures of the Mexican restaurant. I would recommend checking around cruise critic to find the menus! Or start your own board asking others for help!

We have a 4 dinner UDP on our Dec. Dawn cruise. Can't seem to find specialty restaurant menus on NCL website. Am I looking in the wrong place.

Go back one page to the list of threads, on the top right is a "search this page" or something like that. Type in "dawn menu" and there will be threads. You will have to search through, but its your best bet

They still haven't corrected the public bathroom problems? When we were on board last year, that was an issue. The ladies room on the pool deck had some stalls marked out of order. That's the one bathroom which should never be out of order for long periods.

I was in that restroom last week and there was nothing out of order at that time.

I think I maybe saw one or two the rest of the week at other places on the ship, but since I was always the only one in any public restroom (peculiar!) it wasn't an issue in terms of access. Small sample size, of course, since I usually use the one in the cabin. Still, I've been on the Dawn before and noticed the bathroom situation, so it did appear much better to me this time.