Sdp

don1976

Hi. If I buy the SDP, how does it actually work in practice? Can I order anything at all of the menu or is there a limit to what I can order within the scope of the package?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi. If I buy the SDP, how does it actually work in practice? Can I order anything at all of the menu or is there a limit to what I can order within the scope of the package?

Sorry, I'm new here.... what is a SDP?

Actually, not being from GB,

I was wondering,

if a Yorkshire pudding was best served as a main course,

or a desert?

Edited by $hip$hape

Sorry, I'm new here.... what is a SDP?

Speciality Dining Package

Our experience has been as many appetizers, sides, desserts as you want, and any ONE entree. But some folks have run into limits of two apps, sides, desserts.

. ...

I was wondering,

if a Yorkshire pudding was best served as a main course,

or a desert?

I had always thought it was a side with a main course, but according to wikipedia it can either be served with gravy with the main course or it can be served as dessert.

I had always thought it was a side with a main course, but according to wikipedia it can either be served with gravy with the main course or it can be served as dessert.

I've lived in Yorkshire for 20 years and never come across anyone that actually had it with a dessert.

But then again, I'm Welsh, so what do I know about it? [emoji2]

Thanks really the SDP. I was just trying to get my head around whether it was worth it as an add on.

Only 1 Main, multiple starters and desserts.

Our experience has been as many appetizers, sides, desserts as you want, and any ONE entree. But some folks have run into limits of two apps, sides, desserts.

That's been our experience, too, with the exception of Teppanyaki, where we are always encouraged to order as many different entrees as we want. I usually get lobster, steak, and shrimp combo.

Only 1 Main, multiple starters and desserts.

After your meal and if still peckish, can you then request another starter, or can you only request multiples at the beginning of the meal when first ordering?

After your meal and if still peckish, can you then request another starter, or can you only request multiples at the beginning of the meal when first ordering?

I thought peckish meant feeling ill??? At any rate, Yes you can order a starter as dessert. My husband loves Le Bistro's escargot and sometimes has ordered it in place of dessert, even though he also had it as an appetizer. I would imagine that if you have the SDP you could order a starter after the meal and then still have dessert.

Edited by NMLady

I've never seen it as a dessert either, but it is quite popular as a starter. It's nice with Onion Gravy.

It's perhaps best as a main, filled with chilli.

Thanks really the SDP. I was just trying to get my head around whether it was worth it as an add on.

If you plan on dining at a specialty restaurant, it really makes more sense to do it with a package. You have to buy a 3 night minimum. All but two specialties are a la carte and the prices add up quickly when you are ordering multiples of apps and sides. With the SDP package price, it averages out to about $23 or so per night regardless of how much you eat.

I don't think there is much chance you will still be peckish when you are finished.

peckish

/ˈpɛkɪʃ/

adjective British informal

hungry.

"I hadn't eaten and was quite peckish"

Thank you! I had misinterpreted the context in one of the novels I was reading.

Edited by NMLady

The chance of you feeling peckish after an app, soup or salad and an entree is slim, theres a much better chance of you feeling peakish from having eaten so darn much. Especially after dessert.:D:D:D

I've lived in Yorkshire for 20 years and never come across anyone that actually had it with a dessert.

We call them popovers at our house when I make a roast I use the drippings to coat my pans. But a favorite dessert here is a popover filled with icecream and covered with sauce in summer it's fresh fruit we pick in winter it's hot fudge or caramel YUM.

'Pudding' isn't necessarily always dessert here in the UK.

In addition to the yorkshire pudding, we often call a steak & kidney pie a steak and kidney pudding, which is completely savoury.

There's also the delicious Black Pudding, which is a blood sausage.

Pease Pudding is another one (also know as Pease Porridge) which is a dish dating back hundreds of years.

They will tell you it's 2 apps, 1 main and 2 dessert. That's a lot of food.

There is no limit on the 'sides' as they are included in the price of the main even if you're paying. There have been reports of different combinations working as well. Ask your server.

I would expect to see Yorkshire Pudding served with the main, unless accompanied with seasonal fruit.

They will tell you it's 2 apps, 1 main and 2 dessert. ....t.

Who will tell you that??? We used SDP in Cagneys and Le Bistro this past April and May on the Jade and were never told that. I started with three appetizers in Cagneys and no one said anything about just 2 apps.

Appetizers are small size and when there are so many of my favorites it's hard to decide so I order several.

Edited by NMLady

Sorry,

I was under the impression that you can't have any pudding,

if you don't eat your meat.

I'll have to ask me server

Edited by $hip$hape

Greetings from a near neighbour.

I did the 8 night sdp on the Spirit recently. Had no problems with extra starters but if you want a second entrée there was a $10 charge.

I paid around $145 for the sdp and when I added up the receipts, which were all zeroed out, the a la carte cost would have been $286.

The T-bone in Cagney's was superb, and I really enjoyed La Bistro, the Italian and Tepenyakki.

Pete