Princess Wine Packages

Palms2Pines2Sea

Here what's stated on the wine package's flyer: "The package will be honored in the dining room, Horizon Court, and alternative restaurants"

My wine package card has punches from using it but I can see that it states "all dining locations" and that it's not valid at "bars & room service".

I know that the AIBP is usable at Vines and is available on shorter cruises of 7 days or less. If the "package" that 'madrick' purchased was the "wine" package and not the "all-inclusive beverage" package, then it's another example of inconsistent application of Princess' policy by using the wine package card at Vines which is a bar. It's nothing that I'd count on happening but maybe you'll get lucky & have a crewmember "bend" the rules and be able to use the wine package card at Vines. ;)

Having the wine card available on a 7 day cruise like 'madrick' can happen because there's nothing in writing saying it's only available on 10 day or longer cruises. However the wine card states in writing that it's only in restaurants or the buffet but not from bars or room service. Vines isn't a restaurant but is a bar that has some free snacks available as does Bellini's & Ocean Terrace Seafood which have food for a fee on the Royal-class ships.

It's possible to get a bottle of wine from a dining room & to take it anywhere on the ship to drink it because it was purchased from Princess. I've read posts saying that when having remaining wine package punches they'd get that wine to either take home or to give to a crewmember. We've never had had any unused bottles but if we did would do like those passengers.

It'd be great if the wine package was always available on 7 day cruises which is something that I advocate. :D

You're right. We spent a lot of time in Vines, it was our favourite but they wouldn't let us use our wine package card. In the end we got a bottle from the MDR and carried to Vines. They were OK with that.

I have my stateroom account from 2/29/16 and we purchased the 10 bottle Silver wine package. It came to $333.50, and we cruised on the Ruby Princess. It's a good deal but an even better deal is Happy Hour between 3 pm and 4:00 pm. Buy 1 drink and get the same drink for $1. People were buying several bottles of beer and taking it to their cabin to enjoy later. Happy Hour was held in the Wheelhouse Lounge with live music and a jar of cracker snacks. There's also another Happy Hour but later in the evening. Too late for us. You purchase the wine package once on board. There's usually a couple of places on Lido in front of the elevators where you can purchase the package. On the longer cruises we purchase the 10 bottle package.
A slight correction. The $333.50 price is for the 10 bottle Gold package. That is $29 for any bottle up to $45. The price for the 10 bottle Silver package with the 15% gratuity is $241.50. That is $21 for any bottle of wine up to $29.

A slight correction. The $333.50 price is for the 10 bottle Gold package. That is $29 for any bottle up to $45. The price for the 10 bottle Silver package with the 15% gratuity is $241.50. That is $21 for any bottle of wine up to $29.

I couldn't remember if it was the Gold or Silver. I do know we paid extra for the more expensive wine. DH was adamant about us purchasing the Gold plan. On our Onboard Account Print out it doesn't say which plan, just the price. We like the Noblio Sauvignon Blanc.

Interesting. We've never been offered a wine package on our 7 day cruises nor do I recall seeing it offered anywhere on-board. With a 10 day trip coming up in October I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Interesting. We've never been offered a wine package on our 7 day cruises nor do I recall seeing it offered anywhere on-board. With a 10 day trip coming up in October I'll have to keep my eyes open.

On embarkation day up in Lido buffet there's usually 2-3 people walking around asking if you would like to purchase a wine package. Don't get it confused with the wine tasting. They'll give you a card and each time you get a bottle of wine they punch it. It's somewhat of a hassle getting your wine because you have to get it from the MDR. DH and I go to the MDR in the morning and get 2 bottles and take it back to our room to enjoy on our balcony. We occasionally go to Happy Hour from 3-4 pm. Buy 1 get 1 for $1. Good luck!

On embarkation day up in Lido buffet there's usually 2-3 people walking around asking if you would like to purchase a wine package. Don't get it confused with the wine tasting. They'll give you a card and each time you get a bottle of wine they punch it. It's somewhat of a hassle getting your wine because you have to get it from the MDR. DH and I go to the MDR in the morning and get 2 bottles and take it back to our room to enjoy on our balcony. We occasionally go to Happy Hour from 3-4 pm. Buy 1 get 1 for $1. Good luck!

That would explain it. I don't think we've ever gone to the buffet for our departure day lunch. We go for a hamburger or pizza on Lido deck although we tried the main dining room once.

That would explain it. I don't think we've ever gone to the buffet for our departure day lunch. We go for a hamburger or pizza on Lido deck although we tried the main dining room once.
Waiters in the MDR have been selling the packages at lunch on past cruises

We usually wait to buy the package in the evening at the dining room because of the taxes added if they run the order while in port (depending on where you embark of course).

Last cruise was the first time we were told it wouldn't be billed until after we sailed and no taxes. Sure enough; could order wine right away when we arrived for dinner and no taxes! :)

Hope this helps :)

We usually wait to buy the package in the evening at the dining room because of the taxes added if they run the order while in port (depending on where you embark of course).

Last cruise was the first time we were told it wouldn't be billed until after we sailed and no taxes. Sure enough; could order wine right away when we arrived for dinner and no taxes! :)

Another reason we purchase the wine package from our dining waitstaff is because they will be providing our wine & I have been told there's some benefit for them such as additional time off in port. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We tell them not to run the S&S until we leave port. They always agree to it and reassure us it won't happen due to taxes. We also don't buy drinks until we're out of the tax zone as well. The lessons we learn along the way.....

• 1 month later...
Do you know if the 15% gratuity can be avoided by ordering the wine package at the time of booking? This has been the case on some of the other cruise lines.
Wine packages can only be purchased on board. Princess charges 15% gratuity on all beverage packages no matter when they are purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...