Need Hotel in NJ and transportation to port for Breakaway

riddle

We are going on the Breakaway mid September and need a reasonable hotel in New Jersey where we can leave our car and also some sort of transportation from hotel to Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Thanks for any help you can give.

We are going on the Breakaway mid September and need a reasonable hotel in New Jersey where we can leave our car and also some sort of transportation from hotel to Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Thanks for any help you can give.

There are very few park/sleep/cruise options for the Manhattan Cruiseport. The current recommendation is the package offered by Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park, NJ. It includes hotel room, parking, and round trip port transportation for about $250 + tax.

I've researched all the options. How many people do you need transportation for? If there are just two of you parking at the hotel and paying for transportation may be the best option for you. If there are more of you taxis will cost more and you might as well drive to the port and park. Is saving money an important factor? If so you could stay further away from the port and pay less. NYC hotels may cost you $300, Jersey City about $200 and further north $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've researched all the options. How many people do you need transportation for? If there are just two of you parking at the hotel and paying for transportation may be the best option for you. If there are more of you taxis will cost more and you might as well drive to the port and park. Is saving money an important factor? If so you could stay further away from the port and pay less. NYC hotels may cost you $300, Jersey City about $200 and further north $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilton Gardens will quote you a rate for more than 2 people. Parking at the port is $280 plus up to a $15 bridge/tunnel toll. This is a good deal well worth considering.

Also, kids will be 5 and 3. What about carseat laws, etc.?

From what I can tell, NJ has car seat laws that apply to all vehicles including livery cars. NYC exempts livery cars.

So if you want to not bring car seats and follow the law, you will need a different strategy.

For example, you could do a park/sleep at Newark Airport and take the train or Airport bus into NYC and a taxi to the port.

Perhaps Hilton Gardens can talk to their livery providers about car seats.

I just booked the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park for 4 adults, $303 after tax. That was for Sept 10th. It's our first time trying it this way.

For past trips, we've stayed at the Red Roof in Secaucus and then drove to park the next morning. One time we used Parkright, right down the street from the pier; last April we used the Port Imperial parking garage and ferried over and walked up to the pier.

This option will be a tad cheaper in September since we're splitting the cost with the other couple.

I just booked the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield Park for 4 adults, $303 after tax. That was for Sept 10th. It's our first time trying it this way.

For past trips, we've stayed at the Red Roof in Secaucus and then drove to park the next morning. One time we used Parkright, right down the street from the pier; last April we used the Port Imperial parking garage and ferried over and walked up to the pier.

This option will be a tad cheaper in September since we're splitting the cost with the other couple.

You've really tried it all!

Several years ago we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in NJ and hired a shuttle to Cape Liberty per 138East recommendation.

Could that be a option for our cruise out of NY?

It's an option, but probably not an economical one for the Manhattan Cruiseport when you total up the cost of the park/sleep and the car service to and from Manhattan.

Country Inns only runs shuttles to and from Cape Liberty for $70 for 2 people round trip, which is included in their park/sleep/cruise package. A car service to the Manhattan Cruiseport would run between $80-100 each way.

It's an option, but probably not an economical one for the Manhattan Cruiseport when you total up the cost of the park/sleep and the car service to and from Manhattan.

Country Inns only runs shuttles to and from Cape Liberty for $70 for 2 people round trip, which is included in their park/sleep/cruise package. A car service to the Manhattan Cruiseport would run between $80-100 each way.

Thank you!

Last time we had Super Shuttle for a group from CC.

This time we are traveling with a group of 8. Would it be reasonable to book Super Shuttle or another simular company?

Also- what other hotel Would you recommend? Seems like Hilton is one I've seen mentioned.

Thanks again 138east. You were so helpful 4 years ago when we sailed out of Cape Liberty!

Thank you!

Last time we had Super Shuttle for a group from CC.

This time we are traveling with a group of 8. Would it be reasonable to book Super Shuttle or another simular company?

Also- what other hotel Would you recommend? Seems like Hilton is one I've seen mentioned.

Thanks again 138east. You were so helpful 4 years ago when we sailed out of Cape Liberty!

Please provide more details. Exact date? 8 people = 4 rooms? Type of beds? Are you flying or driving? If driving, 4 cars and where are you coming from? What time are you arriving and what meals would you need? Any NYC sightseeing requirements?

Please provide more details. Exact date? 8 people = 4 rooms? Type of beds? Are you flying or driving? If driving, 4 cars and where are you coming from? What time are you arriving and what meals would you need? Any NYC sightseeing requirements?

We would be driving from DE and may double up into 2 cars- not sure about that. Would need a hotel 1/28/16 to cruise 1/29/16 out of NYC. Would prefer King beds and a hotel in NJ. We woukd like to get a shuttle( maybe Supet Shuttle) to the pier.

We periodically go to NY so no sightseeing necessary.

138east...we Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Exact date: Checkin 9/30 for two nights out on 10/2 (day of the cruise on NCL Breakaway from Manhattan cruise terminal)

10 people = 5 rooms double occupancy (or 4 double and a quad / all adults)

Type of beds: King if possible, queen can be an option

Driving from Montreal, three cars for a park'n'cruise package with shuttle service to the Manhattan cruise terminal or park and arrange our own shuttle service.

What time are you arriving: Will make a stop at Woodbury outlets and plan to be at the hotel around 3pm.

What meals would you need? Dinner on Friday (9/30) and another nice dinner in downtown Manhattan on Saturday night (10/1)

Any NYC sightseeing requirements? Yes, would like to visit time square and central park on Saturday (10/1).

Thank you for your advice!

Exact date: Checkin 9/30 for two nights out on 10/2 (day of the cruise on NCL Breakaway from Manhattan cruise terminal)

10 people = 5 rooms double occupancy (or 4 double and a quad / all adults)

Type of beds: King if possible, queen can be an option

Driving from Montreal, three cars for a park'n'cruise package with shuttle service to the Manhattan cruise terminal or park and arrange our own shuttle service.

What time are you arriving: Will make a stop at Woodbury outlets and plan to be at the hotel around 3pm.

What meals would you need? Dinner on Friday (9/30) and another nice dinner in downtown Manhattan on Saturday night (10/1)

Any NYC sightseeing requirements? Yes, would like to visit time square and central park on Saturday (10/1).

Thank you for your advice!

You have a complicated scenario with lots of people, lots of cars, and a multi night stay. The first thing I would do is to call the Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park and get a quote from them. Bus transportation to NYC from that area only runs hourly on a Sat and is $4.50/pp each way.

We recenlty cruised from Manhattan Pier and stayed in New Jersey at the Fairfield Inn East Rutherford for $169 and there was a Holiday Inn Express across the street and a Residence Inn right beside. We were able to leave our car there for free. I recommend NOT using Meadowland Taxi as they were extremely rude and absolutely horrible. UBER is a great option for getting there and back and we seen many UBER drivers dropping off and picking up passengers (and for a lot less than I paid!).

Have a great trip.

• 1 month later...
Last year we used a company to run us from Country Inn and Suites to Cape Liberty. The company got lots of good references. They had no website, you had to call for service. I can't remember the company or their phone number. Can you help?

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

inde.drvr@gmail.com 4-6 weeks ahead.

My wife and I are cruising out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem of the Seas on January 26, 2017 and need a motel room with parking for the 12 day cruise, what are our best options?

We have always cruised out of Florida Ports and are not familiar with Cape Liberty or the area.

Any suggestions would be welcomed! :confused:

My wife and I are cruising out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem of the Seas on January 26, 2017 and need a motel room with parking for the 12 day cruise, what are our best options?

We have always cruised out of Florida Ports and are not familiar with Cape Liberty or the area.

Any suggestions would be welcomed! :confused:

The basic pool of hotels for Cape Liberty is at Newark airport. Making arrangements for Cape Liberty is basically a DIY effort - it just doesn't work the same way as the Florida ports. There are very few hotels which offer a park/sleep cruise package that we recommend.

1). Trinityreservations.com - $219 tax included prepay cancellable for room, 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation for up to 4 people with no free breakfast, but cafe, restaurant, and sports bar on premises.

2). Country Inns - about $300 tax included ( may be extra days parking charge) with transportation for 2 people and free breakfast. No hotel restaurant service, but walk to nearby IHOP, Ruby Tuesdays, Courtyard, or mall.

3) Embassy Suites - $276 tax included (may be extra day $20 parking charge) with transportation for 2 people and free breakfast. No hotel restaurant service, but walk to nearby IHOP, Ruby Tuesdays, Courtyard, or mall.

Newark is a highly industrialized urban area and you need to be selective about where you ditch your car for 12 days. These hotels have a reliable record for cruise parking.

I'm sailing on the Feb 7 cruise and just booked the trinity package.