Bakery in Skagway?

Moparop

We are cruising next summer and will be gone over my birthday. We will be cruising Glacier Bay on my actual birthday but will be in Skagway the day before. Are there any good bakeries in Skagway to pick up something like a birthday cake at that would be relatively convenient to the boat?

Everything in Skagway is close the ships, its a pretty small town. Can't say I've ever noticed a bakery but then I was never looking. I'm sure others will have your answer. The market is pretty small and I doubt would have pre made cakes

I'd suggest mentioning it to your TA or cruise line to note in your file. They usually provide a small cake and cabin door decorations. maybe even a word to the Maitre'D when you board

Actually just did a quick Internet search and found this: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60877-d1091841-Reviews-Lemon_Rose_Bakery-Skagway_Alaska.html

Edited by DougH

Try Sugar Mama's...very tasty baked goods, we've tried their cookies and cupcakes....give them a call.

Or have you considered just ordering a cake onboard... either once you board or pre-purchase for the date you will need it. We've done this often when sailing with RCI for birthdays, anniversaries etc.

Edited by Ashland

We are cruising HAL. I don't think they do cakes onboard.

As a many-time HAL cruiser, we have had special desserts made on nearly every cruise just by asking. On a chance elevator ride with the Captain of the Nieuw Amsterdam, I thanked him for our "special" chocolate purse that I had requested from the Dining Room Manager. His response, "No, is not in the Nieuw Amsterdam vocabulary."

If you ask one of the Assistant Dining Managers in the first days of your cruise, they will help you get your cake made.