Paying for Cheers with gift cards

ncshp955

Does anyone know how many gift cards you can use for payment on the Cheers purchase? I usually get the $100 ones so I don't have to be home to sign but I only see one place to add a gift card. Would I need a $805 gift card in order to buy online? Thanks.

Does anyone know how many gift cards you can use for payment on the Cheers purchase? I usually get the $100 ones so I don't have to be home to sign but I only see one place to add a gift card. Would I need a $805 gift card in order to buy online? Thanks.

You can use as many as you need. I loaded 8 cards on purpose just to see if it would stop me. It didn't. I was only doing a mock purchase but I went all the way to the end, just before submit, so you should be good.

It didn't seem to have a limit but I was able to use 3 different cards to complete my purchase today.

It worked fine for me! I was using Chrome as my browser...I don't know if that matters like another person mentioned earlier. Also I already had Cheers in my cart and it worked fine, however my Mom also already had Cheers in her cart and had to remove it and add it again in order to see the option to pay via gift card. Just our experience in case that helps others!

Yep, worked for me as well.

Well as the OP I was very happy to see these updates and yes it did work for me. Just made sure I printed off a copy the receipt and had an extra emailed to myself just to be on the safe side. Now the cruise is paid for, cheers is paid for, pre cruise hotel paid for and now just have to wait, the hardest part.:)

I also was able to do it from my iPhone Safari browser 2 days ago.

Just look for the use gift card link. Worked like a charm. I was concerned this week because I knew on previous cruises it wouldn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed on 12/18/16 on the Sunshine and used gift cards to pay for Cheers when we got onboard. I sent an email to Carnival in advance asking how to get the pre purchase price and pay with gift cards. A rep from Carnival replied that we could do it onboard. I printed the email and when we purchased Cheers originally was told we had to pay full price. I pulled out the email and a manager came and approved the pre purchase price. You just have to be insistent.

We sailed on 12/18/16 on the Sunshine and used gift cards to pay for Cheers when we got onboard. I sent an email to Carnival in advance asking how to get the pre purchase price and pay with gift cards. A rep from Carnival replied that we could do it onboard. I printed the email and when we purchased Cheers originally was told we had to pay full price. I pulled out the email and a manager came and approved the pre purchase price. You just have to be insistent.

A group of us did the same thing last year on the Magic. Was no need to be insistent. The atrium bar manager initialed the email and made the adjustment. We didn't even do it all at the same time. That was the solution prior to them adding gift cards as a payment option. Now that they have, there's no need to go through this exercise. I love that they fixed this. If you get the cards discounted, that's even better.

I just now checked and discovered if you are purchasing the cheers program online pre cruise you now can use gift cards as a form of payment! I couldn't get the system to work using firefox browser, so I opened up IE and went through the motions like I was going to purchase Cheers and walla, just like magic, option appeared to "use gift card"!!! :D

I didn't continue yet because I'm waiting on gift cards to come in the mail, but I wanted to post this experience. I know it's been a real issue for some to pay once on board using gift cards and receiving the pre cruise discounted price. Happy cruising everyone!!!

Now I just need for Verizon to make some available!!:D:eek:

Edited by sailor05

If this is true, I'll be doing this this evening!

It worked fine for me! I was using Chrome as my browser...I don't know if that matters like another person mentioned earlier. Also I already had Cheers in my cart and it worked fine, however my Mom also already had Cheers in her cart and had to remove it and add it again in order to see the option to pay via gift card. Just our experience in case that helps others!

Ted. X

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bought my package(s) last night on line. I had a letter from guest relations, but heard that the site would allow the purchase now. Very easy, used 8 $100 cards and then paid the remaining $4 with my credit card. It shows in my cruise planner and I received email confirmation.

If I've figured this correctly, the math works out to be $720 for 2 for a 7 day cruise. So just under $52 PP/Per day (grats inclusive).

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you'll get the Amex credit for using it towards cheers? I was reading that thread about the amex awards and most people state that it won't work because of the way that the charge appears on your credit card...? If it in fact will work, I want to use it to buy cheers for my upcoming cruise!

Edited by rebekahingram

Are you sure you'll get the Amex credit for using it towards cheers? I was reading that thread about the amex awards and most people state that it won't work because of the way that the charge appears on your credit card...? If it in fact will work, I want to use it to buy cheers for my upcoming cruise!

I don't think the Amex deal will work for Fun Shop purchases because it's codes it "Carnival - The Fun Shops", vs when you use it for an actual booking in which it reads "Carnival Cruise Line Rsvr". Maybe they meant they were using the Amex to pay part of their cruise saving them $100 and counting that as "free" money to make up for what Cheers is costing?

I don't think the Amex deal will work for Fun Shop purchases because it's codes it "Carnival - The Fun Shops", vs when you use it for an actual booking in which it reads "Carnival Cruise Line Rsvr". Maybe they meant they were using the Amex to pay part of their cruise saving them $100 and counting that as "free" money to make up for what Cheers is costing?

Well that blows. That's not what a neighbor of mine stated how his purchase worked but honestly, I trust your information more. Guess I'll just wait until they put more GC on sale and buy the remaining $500. Thank you.

Well that blows. That's not what a neighbor of mine stated how his purchase worked but honestly, I trust your information more. Guess I'll just wait until they put more GC on sale and buy the remaining $500. Thank you.

Well I guess you could try it and if it doesn't work then just cancel the purchase and then do it the other way.

• 5 months later...