Carnival or Royal Caribbean?

Bigbluegal

We are just off RC Freedom of the Seas and we are looking at cruising during fall break in October. Trying to decide whether to stay with RC or checkout a Carnival ship. Anyone been on both cruise lines that would offer a comparison?

If you want all the bells and whistles, then RCCL is for you. If you are happy with the standard stuff all cruise lines offer, the you would probably enjoy a Carnival cruise. Royal ships are amazing, Carnival ships are pretty much like any other ship. If you don't participate in all the action sports stuff, why pay for it? Just some advice, if you are going to take a Carnival cruise, avoid the Fantasy class ships. After cruising the Freedom, it a long way down.

Edited by joeyancho

we did a B2B (or was it a side to side?) in January. we had balconies on both. 7 days in the Oasis and 8 days on the conquest. the oasis is a big and beautiful ship. it has all the bells and whistles you can imagine. however big it was, we never felt crowded anywhere and never really had to wait in line long for anything.. it was great!

the conquest? it is a smaller ship, but man oh man dos we have fun! because it is a smaller ship, you were right there in the middle of the fun! the cabins were bigger! food was great and the overall bang for the buck was higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well....everyone I had spoken with compared Carnival to a Super 8. How hard is it to get chairs on the pool deck of Carnival? Is there an adult only pool?

Which ship? Most have adult only pools and Serenity decks. Not all Serenity decks have pools.

It'll depend on the makeup of your crowd whether or not there'll be lounge chairs available. Usually up a deck is easier to find a lounger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've cruised both lines. Last summer vacation went back to Royal. SOmething had changed...oh ya..Me & my hubby. We came to the realization that we don't want activities at night that start at say 10:00pm ( Karaoke etc).

Darn, we like to do the nighttime shows etc earlier, and Carnival seems to schedule the things more to our bodies schedule. AGAIN! This is just us.

LOVE both the lines, have yet to do any Super Big Ship. 2 things stand out on each one. Royal, the Promenade with the Parade, shops, bars etc. Carnival, the AFt Wrap Cabin...love the balcony on both sides!

:). Bobbi