"Pre" Purchases and C&A coupons

Just a few questions about how the C&A ultimate value coupons work if you have already pre-purchased certain things.

For example:

Are the drink coupons (BOGO and 10% discount) basically useless if you buy a drink package?

Internet package discount useless if you pre-purchase internet package before cruise?

Spa discount and photo discount if pre-purchased?

I just wasn't sure if they'd apply the discounts or not.

Just a few questions about how the C&A ultimate value coupons work if you have already pre-purchased certain things.

For example:

Are the drink coupons (BOGO and 10% discount) basically useless if you buy a drink package? You can still use the coupons if you buy drinks for someone else.

Internet package discount useless if you pre-purchase internet package before cruise? Correct.

Spa discount and photo discount if pre-purchased? Correct.

Answers in RED above.

For example:

Are the drink coupons (BOGO and 10% discount) basically useless if you buy a drink package?

Internet package discount useless if you pre-purchase internet package before cruise?

Spa discount and photo discount if pre-purchased?

If you can pre-purchase the Voom internet at the discount of 30% off...do it...It wasn't cheaper for us once onboard with our D+ discount....so glad we pre-purchased.

If you can pre-purchase the Voom internet at the discount of 30% off...do it...It wasn't cheaper for us once onboard with our D+ discount....so glad we pre-purchased.

While that may have been the case for your particular sailing, all current reporting is that the D+ discount is $40. For the typical 7 day cruise it is certainly cheaper to buy on board than prepay. Granted, there might be lots of IT glitches or CS problems both before hand and on board the ship, but if things go as they should, D+ are better off buying on board in most cases.

While that may have been the case for your particular sailing, all current reporting is that the D+ discount is $40. For the typical 7 day cruise it is certainly cheaper to buy on board than prepay. Granted, there might be lots of IT glitches or CS problems both before hand and on board the ship, but if things go as they should, D+ are better off buying on board in most cases.

We seem to have this conversation a lot...every time I post about this subject.......The "point" is JMHO...pre-purchase the 30% package....then when you get onboard check the pricing out .... at that point "easy" to cancel ;)

BTW: It wasn't "just" my sailing...Many have posted on these boards the same outcome on their RCI ships/sailings :)

Edited by Ashland