Port Canaveral to MCO

MM27

Freedom of the Seas says it arrives back at Port Canaveral at 6 am. Flight is at 11:45 am and I have transportation coming at 8 am. Royal Caribbean wouldn't let me use their transportation because my flight is before 12:30 pm. Just need reassurance that my plan is okay.

Got the only direct flight home so it's the difference between 3 hrs of travel and 7 or more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What airline are you flying? I would recommend doing self-debarkation and using the luggage valet service if you are flying Southwest, JetBlue, or one of the other participating airlines. That way you'll avoid the extra step of having to find your luggage after you get off the ship. It can take awhile to get through customs and Orlando airport was very busy when we cruised in April, with long lines going through security.

What airline are you flying? I would recommend doing self-debarkation and using the luggage valet service if you are flying Southwest, JetBlue, or one of the other participating airlines. That way you'll avoid the extra step of having to find your luggage after you get off the ship. It can take awhile to get through customs and Orlando airport was very busy when we cruised in April, with long lines going through security.

The flight is likely too early for Luggage Valet, though I agree that with self-assist disembarkation, it should be fairly easy to make it. I'd also arrange a private car service from someone like Executive VIP so there is no waiting for a van to fill.

• 2 weeks later...
Freedom of the Seas says it arrives back at Port Canaveral at 6 am. Flight is at 11:45 am and I have transportation coming at 8 am. Royal Caribbean wouldn't let me use their transportation because my flight is before 12:30 pm. Just need reassurance that my plan is okay.

Got the only direct flight home so it's the difference between 3 hrs of travel and 7 or more.

Cortrans is a shuttle. With an early flight out of MCO, a shuttle is a no go.

Need reliable private service like Executive vip limo who is based 2 blocks from the Port. We came off the freedom at 7:45 AM and arrived at MCO at 8:25 AM in a Private town car with Executive vip Limo. We had a 10:30 AM

flight out. Have them booked again for Oct.

I'm flying Southwest and booked with Cortrans to pick us up at 8 am

We have used Cortrans and they are fabulous and reasonably priced, but we did have to wait for the entire bus to fill up with those who had reserved a spot (they took a few walk-ups too). We waited at least 45 minutes. Not everyone will be as quick as you need them to be, and heaven forbid if one of the disembarking passengers has a lost bag or something. :eek:

I feel you need to re-think this plan.

I'm flying Southwest and booked with Cortrans to pick us up at 8 am

We drive in so we use our hotel shuttle but I just wanted to tell you that we always do self assist...so we are off the ship very early and we have always seen a Cortrans shuttle already waiting for their passengers.

They get very good reviews on these boards so I would certainly use them but if it were me I would try to be one of the first ones off the ship and get a slightly earlier shuttle.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by GTO-Girl