Liberty View Suites at the Zenith Jersey City

mnh

Has anyone every heard of this condo? It is located at 9 Regent St, Jersey City NJ and has nightly rentals.

Give us more details. What is the nightly rental price and what do you get for it? What are your big picture plans? Budget? Exact dates? How many nights? Number of people? Sightseeing in New York? Cruising from Cape Liberty?

IMO it's a bit out of the way from Newport area waterfront which is where many of the hotels, restaurants, and direct NYC transportation are located. I'm not impressed looking at the satellite picture.

Can't give good advice without a budget and exact dates.

Edited by 138east

forgot to add.....we actually have 1 full day in NY....where we live there is not much mass transportation and to be honest I am afraid I would get lost....so we have decided to use a touring company for a full day to hit some of the main attractions....I wanted to stay at Courtyard in Jersey city but with 3 rooms it would have been close to $1,000.00 per night...just didn't want to spend that much.

forgot to add.....we actually have 1 full day in NY....where we live there is not much mass transportation and to be honest I am afraid I would get lost....so we have decided to use a touring company for a full day to hit some of the main attractions....I wanted to stay at Courtyard in Jersey city but with 3 rooms it would have been close to $1,000.00 per night...just didn't want to spend that much.

I totally understand your budget concerns.

Let's try a different approach. You arrive on the 18th. You tour on the 19th. You go to Cape Liberty on the 20th.

1). Are you flying into Newark Airport?

2). What tour company are you using? There are companies that pick up at the EWR and Newark hotels so perhaps you are booked with one of these companies which also pick up in Jersey City. Is it one of those where you can do the Statue of Liberty first and then get shuttled around NYC?

3). How did you plan to get to Jersey City?

4). Where did you find this listing?

Edited by 138east

I totally understand your budget concerns.

Let's try a different approach. You arrive on the 18th. You tour on the 19th. You go to Cape Liberty on the 20th.

1). Are you flying into Newark Airport?

Yes

2). What tour company are you using? There are companies that pick up at the EWR and Newark hotels so perhaps you are booked with one of these companies which also pick up in Jersey City. Is it one of those where you can do the Statue of Liberty first and then get shuttled around NYC?

New York Tours...full day....includes Statue of Liberty, Times Sq, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Madison Sq Park, Bleeker Street, 9/11 Memorial...etc.....they pick up in Jersey City at several hotels...we can walk to one of their stops...9 minute walk

3). How did you plan to get to Jersey City?

Cab or private car service

4). Where did you find this listing?

Booked on Priceline but it is on Expedia, Booking.com and several others

OK so you are committed to this property.

We lived near there in Jersey City many years ago. You will enjoy the NY views. We lived on the 17th floor when there were few high rise buildings and could see from the GW Bridge to the Statue of Liberty.

It's very easy to get to the Newport area from there via the light rail ($2.25). This would be an evening destination for dinner and the waterfront Boardwalk. Any last minute shopping can be done in the Newport Mall. Shop-Rite sells wine - http://www.shoprite.com/pd/stores/NJ/Jersey-City/ShopRite-Liquors-of-Jersey-City/8BED79074#mapContainer

You take the light rail towards Hoboken several stops to the Newport stop for $2.25/pp. It appears you will be between the Jersey Ave and Marin Blvd stops with Marin Blvd being closer to where you want to go. This is surface transportation - think fancy tram/streetcar. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/LightRail/sf_lr_hblr_map.pdf

This is the Waterfront walkway near Exchange Place -

Restaurants - https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g46531-d7353312-Newport_Centre_Mall-Jersey_City_New_Jersey.html

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Waterfront+Restaurants&find_loc=Jersey+City%2C+NJ

Please post back about your experience.

Edited by 138east