First time on MSC--Magnifica

freeholdfriends

We have just booked our first MSC cruise. It is for the September 3,2017 Northern Europe cruise. The itinerary is fantastic. It starts in Germany and ends in Genoa. Can any of the experienced MSC cruisers provide me with some info? I am platinum on Carnival so I am doing the status match. On Carnival you can bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation, can you also do that on MSC? ALso, we have booked Fantastica cabin 10190. Has anybody ever booked this cabin? We realize it is last cabin before the hump so it has a full wall on one end but, it also has a bigger balcony. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi. You are not permitted to bring alcohol onto MSC ships. As for your stateroom, your view to the rear will be restricted. However, l would switch to port side as 2 of your 3 sea days are in the Atlantic and you should have shelter from the wind. On your 3rd sea day, from Gibraltar to Barcelona, you would have some sun on your balcony. Enjoy the cruise. Ken

We have just booked our first MSC cruise. It is for the September 3,2017 Northern Europe cruise. The itinerary is fantastic. It starts in Germany and ends in Genoa. Can any of the experienced MSC cruisers provide me with some info? I am platinum on Carnival so I am doing the status match. On Carnival you can bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation, can you also do that on MSC? ALso, we have booked Fantastica cabin 10190. Has anybody ever booked this cabin? We realize it is last cabin before the hump so it has a full wall on one end but, it also has a bigger balcony. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

No wine allowed on MSC.

Thanks for the info. Our pvp explained that we would be on the side of the ship for some of the ports but not all. I believe this was the only one of these type cabins available. We are super excited to try a European cruise line. I love the differences. I am now hooked on researching everything MSC. Lol::):)

Thanks for the info. Our pvp explained that we would be on the side of the ship for some of the ports but not all. I believe this was the only one of these type cabins available. We are super excited to try a European cruise line. I love the differences. I am now hooked on researching everything MSC. Lol::):)

It's a terrific itinerary and I'd considered doing it but the dates don't work for me. Hope you have a fantastic cruise. I was on Magnifica in April last and loved it!

Great to hear that you liked Magnifica. I have only cruised on Carnival and Princess so this will be a very different experience for us. We have been to Europe several times so I think I know what to expect. I love the different cultures and interests. I am Irish so I will talk to everybody. Really looking forward to this trip.

I love the different cultures and interests. I am Irish so I will talk to everybody.

Same here, on both counts :) In my experience, Europeans onboard who can speak English - from German, French, Belgian, Italian, Dutch - love the opportunity to use it when they can. I've met some wonderful people from all these countries (and others) as a result. I find lunch in the MDR offers a great chance to meet them as tables aren't assigned so you're seated wherever there's availability.