Port Canaveral Hotel

2little time

second country inns and suites. this time we are staying at la quinta ocean front. can't tell you about it yet but it on the beach and seems quite nice and is close to restaurants and their is a publixx near.

Residence Inn has been our favorite right near the port. There is also a new Homewood Suites by Hilton right across the road from Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites. It was under construction on our last visit in January, but is now open and has decent rates.

I wouldnt limit my options to the two or three closest to the port that many people will always name in these threads. Cocoa Beach has MANY more options at all prices and is only 5 miles down the road. Unless you just HAVE to see your cruise ship the morning of the cruise when you wake up, Id suggest giving Cocoa Beach a try. For me the anticipation of coming up A1A and finally rounding the corner and seeing the ships is an awesome feeling.

Personally, I like LaQuinta Inn on North Atlantic Drive. An older hotel but very nicely redone, excellent staff, very affordable with a park and cruise package. Awesome Asian restaurant and sushi bar there at the hotel too.

Google Cocoa Beach hotels and read some reviews. Tons of options out there.

We stayed at the Hampton. They have the free shuttle and leave your car. However, we chose to park at the pier and they provided us with a 40% off coupon for parking,,,,,,,,,,that was wonderful!

Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay at prior to a cruise leaving from Port Canaveral that has shuttle to and from the port?

Radisson Resort at the Port. They have a shuttle to and from the port, as well as a great swimming pool.

You can also book a hotel from http://www.goportcanaveral.com

They have a sale going on right now too

Just wondering if you or anyone else here has an experience using goportcanaveral.com that they could share. I've heard several bad reviews and a few good reviews, but would like some other opinions from fellow cruisers as to how prompt they are with their shuttle times and what variety of times they might have. They seem to have really reasonable prices, but was just wondering what others thought of their quality of service. Would appreciate any info and first hand experiences that anyone could provide for me. Thank you in advance for any info provided.

Stingray310

I waited almost 3 hours to get a room at Country Inn and Suites. Others went straight to their room. It ended up there were 4 parties who had to wait. Went way past guaranteed check in so they asked how much I thought I should be given back I said $20 but when it took more time I said $40. One lady said it should be free and she got that!

When they got one ready it was on the wrong floor so I had to wait longer. Ridiculous. The machine that makes the room key didn't work right and it took 5 or 6 tries to get it to work.

Residence Inn Cocoa Beach. Hotel was clean and very nice. They have a free breakfast the morning of your cruise and also free shuttle to the ships. It would be good to book a hotel early for your cruise. There are a shortage of hotels in Port Canaveral and they will all sell out.

We've always stayed at the Hampton Inn. The last time we stayed at the Best Western. We had a terrible room that had a leak with water all over the floor. We of course complained and they moved us to a "suite". It was okay, but not sure if I would stay there again.

I wouldnt limit my options to the two or three closest to the port that many people will always name in these threads. Cocoa Beach has MANY more options at all prices and is only 5 miles down the road. Unless you just HAVE to see your cruise ship the morning of the cruise when you wake up, Id suggest giving Cocoa Beach a try. For me the anticipation of coming up A1A and finally rounding the corner and seeing the ships is an awesome feeling.

Personally, I like LaQuinta Inn on North Atlantic Drive. An older hotel but very nicely redone, excellent staff, very affordable with a park and cruise package. Awesome Asian restaurant and sushi bar there at the hotel too.

Google Cocoa Beach hotels and read some reviews. Tons of options out there.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very true. Close to beach, shopping, Ron Jons. etc.

It is not easy to recommend a "good" hotel without more information about budget, self-drive or shuttle, do you have kids that want a pool, do you want ocean views, within walking distance of restaurants, grocery/liquor stores, etc. etc. Or just a clean cheap room for an overnight with no plans to explore after arrival.

The truth is there are 50 or so "good" hotels within easy reach of Port Canaveral! Even Orlando is a great option for many!

I totally agree that areas like Cocoa Beach can be a much better option for some cruisers based on their needs. Each of the hotel "clusters" have pros and cons.

The best hotel must surely be the one that meets your budget and requirements versus what works for others. Even the Hilton and Hampton Inn are "bad" for some when I read the reviews! Go figure.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Just wondering if you or anyone else here has an experience using goportcanaveral.com that they could share. I've heard several bad reviews and a few good reviews, but would like some other opinions from fellow cruisers as to how prompt they are with their shuttle times and what variety of times they might have. They seem to have really reasonable prices, but was just wondering what others thought of their quality of service. Would appreciate any info and first hand experiences that anyone could provide for me. Thank you in advance for any info provided.

Stingray310

I've stayed at the Embassy with them in Orlando nearly a year ago. Flew in around 10:30 and were scheduled for the 11am shuttle. They were on time, no issues there.

Got to the hotel and we enjoyed ourselves by going to the pool most of the day and happy hour in the evening and Chilis takeout right across the street. The morning after we had the 11:45 am shuttle, but it was about 5 minutes late. Shared shuttles are never the funnest but most transportation options have issues in my book, as long as i can save a few bucks then I'm game. Regardless, we stopped at one other hotel and then went straight to the Port. Got there around 1 pm, no complaints, the crowd had dwindled down so we boarded fairly quick.

When we got back from the cruise we got a shuttle back to the hotel because we had return use. So the kids got to enjoy the Embassy pool until our 5pm flight. Overall it was a wonderful experience. Definitely recommend their services, we called to find out more also and the customer service reps were very helpful.

I am waiting so patiently for the next cruise, thinking of booking for new years and getting the Homewood Suites Fly Snooze Cruise with Go Port Canaveral.