Two Weeks until my solo ESCAPE and no port plans

Victorious8

Greetings! As some of you may have seen from my excited posting from when I originally booked I am headed for solo vacation on the Escape in just over two weeks.

Today I finally booked my post cruise hotel plans and got a great deal on the Intercontinental Miami through Priceline express deals. I was going to do a hostel in South Beach but after what I predict will be six days of mostly constant drinking I will probably want a break and just relax. I am staying there for two nights and then headed to another Miami hotel for the next two so I can watch my SF Giants play the Marlins!!!! This will help with post cruise sadness I am sure.I just got my tickets this week and dropped a nice shiny penny for Diamond Club seats for my birthday! I will have had some practice with the all inclusive by then!

As far as being on the Escape I haven't planned any excursions. We will be stopping in Roatan Honduras, Belize City Belize, and Cozumel (I have been here before and did Mr. Sanchos with my family- Hilarious story that ended up with a few people in bad shape/cut off on the cruise). I really don't have a lot of time to plan much as I am studying for the bar and quickly realizing I know as much as Jon Snow (people who don't watch Game of Thrones that means "nothing"). I am getting a Vibe Pass so I might be tempted just to stay on the boat.

Anyways other than that everyone should just send me good vibes for the next two weeks!

I had been trying to get people to come with me until i started reading Lara_lox posts. She made me realize how much I need some quality "me" time to be selfish and do whatever I want. I am looking forward to it! It's one of the things keeping me going during this insane study time!

cruising solo is actually very enjoyable. I did the escape in may and have two more solo s booked on her and have done the getaway twice and have a transatlantic booked on her for 2017. I graduated nursing school two years ago and started cruising solo and am now hooked. You will have a great time. have an amazing cruise!! Enjoy your ME time!

and don't want any. We snagged a Haven spa suite, and are offsetting the cost by giving up all excursions at our 3 ports. Since we have been to them multiple times anyway, it's no big deal for us. We may try to locate a free beach in Cozumel or Roatan, otherwise 2e are making the ship and it's ammenities our port day plan. We will go ashore every day, walk around and stretch our land legs and then probably just reboard the ship to take advantage of the main areas that will be very crowded during sea days (maybe ropes course and waterslides for Tim, mini golf, waterfall grotto, etc).

Edited by hawaiideb

Thanks! If anyone else has any advice I'd love to hear it! Yesterday I had my official pre bar exam melt down! Trying to keep my spirits up, it really is nice just to think about how much I can relax in exactly two weeks!

I travelled on my own quite a bit in my 20s and early 30s, and sometimes I miss it.

Since you seem pretty open to staying in the ship, why not keep your options available? Maybe you'll make some friends on board and connect for something, maybe an excursion will suddenly strike your fancy if your budget allows.

After spending the last weeks with study schedules and exam notes, unstructured time may be just the ticket!! Good luck on the bar and have a great time on your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost never make any excursion plans pre-cruise. I've only booked one excursion in the past. The rest of the time, I just wing it. If I wake up and don't feel like getting off of the ship, there's no pressure to do so. I'm not under any time limits to reach the tour guides, I have no worries about losing any deposits if I choose to stay on the ship, etc.

In St. Kitts, I just took my time, ate some lunch, then got off of the ship at noon or so. Was walking down the port and some guy asked if I wanted to take a taxi tour for $20. I said, "sure, why not?" and it was my favorite experience so far.

I'm not a big "planner," and I usually travel solo, so just winging it works for me. I love just being able to do whatever I feel like doing in the moment.

Btw, I loved the Escape! I actually didn't get off of the ship the entire week. haha

Enjoy your cruise! And good luck with your exams! :)

In Belize, we did Butts Up Cave Tubing, which was a lot of fun and affordable.

I've never been to Roaton, just Trujillo, which NCL does not dock there anymore. I would snorkel in Roaton and do one of the top trip advisor companies

I haven't been to Cozumel in a while, but seems like another beach day/snorkleing, if I were going on this itinerary that's what i would do.

Nothing to worry about, you can plan ahead or get on the ship and get some help at the excursion desk. The singles meet up each day (it's planned by the cruise staff) so you never know who you might meet with existing plans you could join. It might be fun for you to join a charter sail for island hopping. Have fun! :D