Tenerife Mt Teide cable car and summit hike through trip advisor

braster

Has anyone done the "private tour: teide national park tour in tenerife including mt teide hike and cable car" through trip advisor? Looks like excellent reviews and decent pricing. I would really like to do the cable car and the summit but by the time we rent a car or get a taxi and get cable car tickets and permit to summit, I think the cost will be about the same and we'll be tight in time. We're on NCL in port 8a-4p in November.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=6941TREKKING&d=2590233&aidSuffix=xsell&partner=Viator

I think the cost for a half day trip is pretty steep as that will be per person. Car hire in Tenerife is fairly cheap, so I don't think by doing it yourself is going to cost anywhere near that. BTW Viatour is only a third party booking agency, so I am sure you can find a local operator much cheaper if you want to do an organised tour.

we will be in tenerife on a sunday april 30 from 8a to 9p and I'm having a lot of difficulty finding anyone to take us to teide. is it a difficult drive? potholes, sharp turns, no guard rails? is it easy to get an automatic for a car rental? I can drive manual but I'd rather my husband drive. thx for any input.

Obviously it is a mountain road up to the top of Teide, but the roads are Tarmac and well maintained and not too narrow. You have tourist coaches going up and down every day, so that are as safe as they can be.

CICAR is a reputable car hire company in the Canary Islands and have an office in the port. You can check out their website.