Liberty Of The Seas cruise review with 60+ photos and 5 videos!

Thanks so much for a great & very detailed review! We sailed on Liberty on her first cruise out of Galveston (Nov 16, before the upgrade). We're back on for a b2b in Apr (hi Kimmy!). Really looking forward to the slides!

Next time you go to Galveston try out Hotel Gálvez for lodging & Mosquito Cafe (great breakfast)

I'm going to have to get that 135 lens that I've been looking at for the Rebel T6i [emoji6]

Melody

Thank you so much for sharing! We'll be sailing this same itinerary in a few weeks and this makes me even more excited!

Do you happen to recall the order of the menus in the MDR? As we decide if/when to schedule specialty dining we want to take that into consideration if at all possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you happen to recall the order of the menus in the MDR? As we decide if/when to schedule specialty dining we want to take that into consideration if at all possible.

Sorry...

We never set food in the MDR. We ate all of our meals in the buffet. Royal Caribbean does a really nice buffet, and that works out best for us. I like having control over the portion sizes... being able to have a lot of one thing, or just a little sample of something else... and then going back for more if it was good.

Also, after 35 years of marriage, we find it tricky to keep a conversation going during a two hour dinner in the MDR. There's just not enough to talk about for two hours every night... it's all been said long ago! A 20 minute dinner in the buffet works out much better for us.

Thank you for your review. I was just thinking that I would love to see an awesome review done of the Liberty and yours popped up. It's a great day so far.

Where did you get your omelet in the mornings? I love a good omelet.

What excursion did you do in Cozumel? Would you recommend the Mayan Princess in Roatan? What beach is it located on and what was the cost?

Another great review. Jim - write this down for your next Galveston cruise. MILLER's. Breakfast of the Gods. It's on the Seawall. We always stay at Hotel Galvez and Miller's is next door - facing the water, walk left! Trust me.

JaniceB - Mayan Princess is great. Next to it is Bananarama - the resort we always use. You can book direct with them. They are on West Bay. Either place would be a great choice.

Thanks so much for a great & very detailed review! We sailed on Liberty on her first cruise out of Galveston (Nov 16, before the upgrade). We're back on for a b2b in Apr (hi Kimmy!). Really looking forward to the slides!

Next time you go to Galveston try out Hotel Gálvez for lodging & Mosquito Cafe (great breakfast)

I'm going to have to get that 135 lens that I've been looking at for the Rebel T6i [emoji6]

Melody

I will take pictures of you and Les on that slide,and Les or you will have to ride with Drue.Don't forget about Miller's cafe in Galveston best sausage biscuits ever,see now we're telling our secrets,hehehe.

Kimmy

I really enjoyed your review Jim, thank you for putting this together. I hope that my wife and I can complete 36 cruises like you, I absolutely love cruising although my wife seems to be less enthusiastic and misses her 2 dogs when we travel.

We really need to try the Freedom class ships now.

Cheers!

Nick

Another great review. Jim - write this down for your next Galveston cruise. MILLER's. Breakfast of the Gods. It's on the Seawall. We always stay at Hotel Galvez and Miller's is next door - facing the water, walk left! Trust me.

JaniceB - Mayan Princess is great. Next to it is Bananarama - the resort we always use. You can book direct with them. They are on West Bay. Either place would be a great choice.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim! I have watched your cruise videos on YouTube intently and found them to be of such help prior to our first cruise on the Liberty Dec 2015. We had so much fun we are repeating the trip with extended family Jan 2017. I am so pleased to have your review of the Liberty for my Dad and kids to see before they go on their first cruise. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and infectious enthusiasm with strangers like me!

Absolutely one of the top 2 reviews I have seen so far !!! (the other by a lady who was just hilarious and so entertaining and had lots of great photos, too). Your review and photos were just perfect but not overkill !!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I think I just found our next cruise !!! :)

Thanks for this great review. I shared it with our Meet and Mingle group to tide us over till we get our turn in September (hey Rajacks!)

I noticed there is a mini hump towards the front of the ship but it doesn't show up on the deck plans. Do those couple of cabins bump out a bit like the hump cabins by the aft elevators?

Thanks, Deb

I was just in 9264 the cabin is not any bigger but the balcony is bigger and does stick out. The hump is under the solarium hot tubs. I enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...