Sunshine Serenity Area

twinsmoten

You can hit any button you like. I was there, you weren't. Just because you didn't experience something happening in 33 cruises doesn't make it BS.

No, it doesn't. Does it make any sense at all? No. Does it even seem feasible? No Have I experienced the same ship? Yes.

Now, if you are telling me that some getup early to get a special seat... I could buy that. Does anyone at all have to do it to get a chair in serenity? 100% wrong. Don't show up at 11 and expect to be at the pool, but that is just common sense. We can discuss more if you like.

Sent from my iPhone

We've sailed the Sunshine 6 times (3 B2Bs) and I get up early - 6/6:30 - to walk and get sunrise photos. I have seen people all covered up and sound asleep in the clam shells on Serenity, also on the sofa area behind the water fall.

Does that mean they were there all night?

Sent from my iPhone

No, it doesn't. Does it make any sense at all? No. Does it even seem feasible? No Have I experienced the same ship? Yes.

Now, if you are telling me that some getup early to get a special seat... I could buy that. Does anyone at all have to do it to get a chair in serenity? 100% wrong. Don't show up at 11 and expect to be at the pool, but that is just common sense. We can discuss more if you like.

Sent from my iPhone

Well goodness! You sure told me! I apologize, I didn't realize your experiences were the only ones that were actuality. You really put me in my place! [emoji57]

We were on the Sunshine November 2015, and we always found a spot near the waterfall pool. (just where I preferred to be) I found the clamshells to actually be stuffy. No breeze got in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well goodness! You sure told me! I apologize, I didn't realize your experiences were the only ones that were actuality. You really put me in my place! [emoji57]

.... Did I say my experiences were the only ones that counted? I thought I was fairy gentle.....

Sent from my iPhone

.... Did I say my experiences were the only ones that counted? I thought I was fairy gentle.....

Sent from my iPhone

No. But you did say my experiences didn't happen... Never said you weren't gentile either. Also saying nothing you say will impact me.

No. But you did say my experiences didn't happen... Never said you weren't gentile either. Also saying nothing you say will impact me.

I think I said that I think it is beyond belief to have people sleeping the entire night in order to get a seat. Your last statement sounds like my wife.....she has an open mind as well. Hopefully we can cruise together sometime and experience and share our times together.

Sent from my iPhone

Sure looked like it with cabin pillows and blankets. :D

I agree that one could jump to that conclusion based upon that. When you saw that, assuming it was still early, were all the chairs taken? We are early risers and saw similar. We grabbed coffee and returned to the same area and I asked what time they came out and they said 5:30 (which I thin is foolish, but hey it's their vacation) because they wanted these chairs.

My point is that it leads most who reads all of this to a conclusion that the only way to get seats in Serenity is to camp out overnight and that is simply not true. Can you wander out at 11:00 am and not find some? sure.

I'll be going on the Sunshine in April 2017 and wondered how early do I need to wake up to get a spot in the Serenity area? I've been looking at pictures online and love the little cabana/clam looking lounge chairs :-) I'm guessing that I'd need to be up at the crack of dawn to get one though. Sigh...

Hi. I just got off the Sunshine yesterday. I was able to get the little cabana/clam looking lounge chair every time I tried. The front 5 overlooking the pool were always taken but there are at least 10 others in the back of the area that usually had some free. I didn't even have to get up early!!!!!

Have an amazing trip! :-)

First time cruising with the family on Carnival. Sunshine will be the ship. Can anyone give any first hand info about her. Just wondering how you liked it. Was the ship overhauled in 2013 when they changed the name from Destiny to Sunshine?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've absolutely seen people spending the night in a clamshell. 2 years ago on the Pride, we walked the deck around 1am and at 8am we saw the same people sleeping (in the same clamshell). It was a nice night so sleeping outside wasn't unreasonable.

I have noticed that it's easier to get a place to sit earlier in the cruise. After the first day, all the new cruisers figure out that there aren't any kids in the serenity area and it fills up quickly. When the younger guests start hanging out, it starts to get a bit less serene. It's good for the bar, not so good for reading and relaxing.

:D It's still better than being at work though. :D

It is interesting how many different experiences people have. The staff asked people to move after sunset, and stacked chairs, put away pillows, and cleaned. They gently made it clear that it was time to move along. The Sunshine has the very best Serenity area of any ship I've been on. The three decks provide so many seating options. We were lucky there were no chair hogs.

We've sailed the Sunshine 6 times (3 B2Bs) and I get up early - 6/6:30 - to walk and get sunrise photos. I have seen people all covered up and sound asleep in the clam shells on Serenity, also on the sofa area behind the water fall.

Saw the same in April. Place was packed at 7:30am.

Jimbo, she didn't say they slept there all night. They were sleeping there when she saw them. Or seemed to be sleeping.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Saw the same in April. Place was packed at 7:30am.

Jimbo, she didn't say they slept there all night. They were sleeping there when she saw them. Or seemed to be sleeping.

I just went back and read her post (#4) and she def said overnight, which is why I replied. Something tells me her and I won't be BFF's in the future.

Sent from my iPhone