Questions about transatlantics

We are looking at doing our 1st transatlantic and have had many of our questions answered by reading various posts.

I have yet to find a thread on "all about transatlantics" - does one exist?

I have been looking to see if you can join a Mediterranean cruise mid-sailing - for example- get picked up in Rome on day 6 and disembark in Barcelona on day 9- is this possible?

Thanks! Unfortunately, when I phoned RC, they told me I could not take a partial cruise if I embark in Rome and stay on for a transatlantic that disembarks from Barcelona. Does anyone know if this is true - or is it a case of calling until I find someone that knows?

Thanks! Unfortunately, when I phoned RC, they told me I could not take a partial cruise if I embark in Rome and stay on for a transatlantic that disembarks from Barcelona. Does anyone know if this is true - or is it a case of calling until I find someone that knows?

Now I´m confused, how would you embark in Rome, take a transatlantic and disembark in Barcelona:confused::confused:

Sorry for the confusion.

We plan to visit Rome prior to our transatlantic. The cruise before the transatlantic sailing stops in Rome and then sails to Barcelona.

We were thinking of taking the partial cruise from Rome to Barcelona and then stay on ship for the transatlantic sailing.

Hope I did not confuse you more.

Sorry for the confusion.

We plan to visit Rome prior to our transatlantic. The cruise before the transatlantic sailing stops in Rome and then sails to Barcelona.

We were thinking of taking the partial cruise from Rome to Barcelona and then stay on ship for the transatlantic sailing.

I cannot think of why this would not be allowed. Perhaps when you phoned RC they were confused and thought you were asking to go between two different US ports, which would not be allowed.

Edited by clarea

Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, gottcha now. I read your post the way that Barcelona would be the end of the transatlantic, not the starting Point, hence my confsuion.

You should contact this email AirSeaGFO@RCCL.com with your question. They are the People who deal with this Kind of requests. However this might actually not be allowed due to Italian laws. Some countries have restrictions with partial Cruises. In the US i.e. it´s the PVSA. I do know Italy has such restrictions, but don´t know enough about it to say if your attempt would be affected By this.

Try the email and see what they say.

Sorry for the confusion.

I am doing this exact trip in October on Harmony. Embarking in Rome for the 3 day cruise then staying on for the transatlantic.