41 days out please help!!

We are getting married in August then setting sail out of Florida for an day splendor cruise to st. Kiits, st. Maarten, San Juan, and grand Turk! We have never cruised with carnival we usually cruise with royal Caribbean. Please tell me everything you can about this ship and these ports! We are so excited and I've been trying to read all I can about it! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know you asked politely, but search features on this site are your friend. Over the post area, click on your ship. Then there's a search at the top of the page where you print in your ship and it leads to posts. As for ports, go to ports of call and zero in on what port you are interested in. Hope this helps:) Don't forget to join your roll call.

I was on the Splendor in February and thought she was a beautiful ship. She's been in drydock since then, but most received a freshening up - new carpet, etc.

Some people don't like the Splendor because she is decorated with pink. Personally I don't see that as an issue at all

For the ports - I haven't been to St. Maarten or St.Kitts but hear both are great.

For Grand Turk, I've been there 3 or 4 times. The first time we booked an island tour through Island Tram tours. It was $25 per person and they were great. It takes you to the main sightseeing areas in Grand Turk

The ship docks right in Carnival's private beach and pool area. Depending on how many ships are in port it can be really nice or so crowded you can't get a lounger anywhere.

San Juan is gorgeous. You dock right downtown Old San Juan. I would recommend that you get off the ship and head over to any trolley stop. You can ride the trolley for free all around San Juan. Do a full loop so you can see the town. Also it takes you to both Forts. make sure you go to both as when you pay it covers both forts and they are both fantastic!! Totally fascinating plus the views are out of this world. I would end the day stopping by one of their great Puerto Rican restaurants. If the trolley doesn't interest you everything in town is within walking distance, including the forts.

We are getting married in August then setting sail out of Florida for an day splendor cruise to st. Kiits, st. Maarten, San Juan, and grand Turk! We have never cruised with carnival we usually cruise with royal Caribbean. Please tell me everything you can about this ship and these ports! We are so excited and I've been trying to read all I can about it! Thanks!!

Congrats! :)

We travelled on Fascination recently and loved it ... it had a similar itinerary (St. Kitts, St. Maarteen, San Juan). And I prepared a detailed review with the information what we did at the ports, I included all the phones/emails/websites etc and some pics/videos as well ;)

https://imaginairie.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/on-board-the-carnival-funship-fascination-is-like-living-with-aladdins-lamp/

I'm sure you will have a blast ... have fun ... once again "CONGRATS!" :)

If you're a spa type of person (I am) Cloud9 is worth paying for the week pass - this is an indoor sanctuary with several steam and sauna rooms, a large room with relaxing heated loungers & an indoor therapy pool (think large jacuzzi) - we fell in love with Cloud9 on the Splendor & now struggle to cruise on a ship without it.

That's a great itinerary. We did that on the Breeze in September. In St. Kitts, look up Thedford Grey's tours. He's amazing. In St. Maarten we always rent a car from Coastal and drive to Maho Beach and then go to the French side of the island. Grand Turk is a beach day for us, consider walking down to Jack's Shack where it's a little less crowded. San Juan is meh. We just walk around Old San Juan and shop and drink. Have a great cruise and congrats on your marriage!

Congratulations on your marriage. I have been to San Juan. Any excursion that you take will be fun. We did the tour of downtown San Juan and the fort. BE SURE THAT YOU ATTEND THE EXCURSION BRIEFING. There are some areas in San Juan that tourists should avoid. I talked to a passenger on my ship that had a large bandage on the side of his head. I asked him what happened. He said that he went into an area that was not recommended. A security guard mistook him for a bad guy, and yelled for him to stop. He did not speak Spanish and thought that he was going to be robbed, so he ran. The security guard shot at him and hit him in the ear. You are save if you stay in the recommended tourist areas.

You should love St Maartin. Any thing that you decide to do will be enjoyable. We did an island tour, and spent some time on a beach on Pinel Island. Very relaxing. j.h.

Can't give you any info about this particular ship, but I can tell you to go to Jack's Shack in Grand Turk. Go to their website & print out a coupon for a free shot. They have a nice beach area. We did a horseback ride with Sunset Tours and afterward went to Jack's & had a drink & played with Topher, the resident labradoodle. Our hubbies had booked a dive through the ship - turned out the dive shop was right there at Jack's, so they brought the guys straight there to meet us. To get to Jack's, just get off the ship & head left down the beach. You will pass Margaritaville & can hang out there if you like the party atmosphere. Otherwise, keep walking until you get to Jack's. You'll probably see Topher in the water or digging in the sand on the beach. Jack's also has a fb site as well if you want to see pics.

We've done a walking tour in San Juan & also wandered about on our own. Took a carriage ride once - would have been more fun if I could have driven. ;-)

Can't give you any info about this particular ship, but I can tell you to go to Jack's Shack in Grand Turk.

Yes, yes, yes. Just keep walking down the beach away from your ship and you'll run into it. Far cheaper than Margaritaville and far less crowded.

No advice on either the ports or the ship. However I cruised after my wedding so some thoughts on that.

1. Make a full packing list well in advance. You've cruised before so you've got a head start. Make sure it's as detailed as possible. Don't leave anything to memory. Weddings are stressful without trying to remember stuff you need to pack.

2. Pack as much as you can ahead of time. If there is anything you are using in the couple days around your wedding make a note of it. That way if you want to take your rehearsal dress on the cruise, you remember the last time you used it and that you need to pack it last minute.

3. If you are heading straight from the wedding to your honeymoon arrange for people to help you make this work. Who is going to take your gifts home? Who is returning any tux (or other) rentals.

Other random thoughts. I bought a fake wedding/engagement ring to wear and sent my more expensive real one home with a good friend to look after. I didn't want to wear anything expensive through ports, but I did want to wear my rings. (As soon as you say you are on your honeymoon, people will want to see the rings, seriously!) It was a good compromise. I've worn the same fake set on every vacation since. I feel much safer traveling with those. Just a personal thing.

Plan some extra time to sleep. I was so exhausted by the time we got on board 36 or so hours after our wedding, I got to the room and slept for 4 hours. Our first day was at sea and it was so nice not to have anything planned. I slept in, napped and we did absolutely nothing, it was the best.

Congratulations and have a great time!!

Congratulations on your wedding! How exciting for you "embarking" on a new stage in your life. You'll love Carnival staff because they love their passengers. Grand Turk is one of my favorite ports. There's a free beach with lots of chairs right as you walk off the cruise pier. And also Margaritaville is right there next to the beach. They have a free swimming pool and often have free music poolside. The drinks and food are little pricey though, but you'll find Jack's Shack just down the beach a ways is a little more reasonable. Be sure and come back and give us a review after your cruise and tell us how much fun you had! So happy for you.

Have a great trip! Jammans picture/reviews were great and I read them all before I sailed on Splendor. Loved the ship and sailed 5X in 2014. Wish she was still in NY for winter sailings!

Bon Voyage!