? about the ice show on the Explorer

I will be on the Explorer the end of Sept. We have a group of friends joining us and will have 6 cabins very close together - 6 out of 8 cabins in a row are ours.

I have read the ice show is assigned ahead according to your muster station.

We would really like to be able to go together as a group.

If some of us have a different muster station is there a way that we can make sure we can all go together? All our dining reservations are linked so that we will be sitting together at dinner.

Thanks for any input..

The folks that are not in the muster station for the performance you want to see can get in the standby line. I don't know of a way to guarantee they will have seats, but our experience has been that there are ample seats for those in the standby line.

I wouldn't overthink this. There is a very good chance that you will all be in the same muster station. Otherwise, you'll find a way to work it out once onboard.

Is the ice show definitely assigned by muster station on Explorer now? The last few ships we were on that had an ice show, there was no assignment, including our last 2 cruises on Explorer (when it was out of NJ). There were just 4 or 5 scheduled showtimes, and you were asked to choose one. Some shows conflicted with traditional dining times, so that helped disperse the crowd (ie: if you had early dining, 2 of the 4 scheduled shows were at the time of your dinner, so you had to choose one of the remaining shows). And the last two shows of the cruise had plenty of seats...only the first show or two were crowded.

The ice show on Explorer is outstanding! Definitely my favorite of all the ice shows on any RCI ship! Do not miss it!!!

It was assigned by muster station in May on the Explorer. You could go at a different time and it really depended on show whether you could get in. For example our assigned show was at 4 or 4:30pm on a port day (We left port before the show). There were tons of extra seats. Another station had their show at 2pm on a sea day. I stopped by and it was completely packed.

But keep in mind, it's not like it's only one muster station at a time. Our cruise was a 4 night and if I'm remembering right there were only 4 shows total so tons of muster stations were combined. In all likelihood you will be with your friends if you have rooms near each other.

Can I just say that when we sailed in January one person could go and collect the number of tickets they wanted for their party so only on person had to show their Sea Pass card. It's a terrific show.

Can I just say that when we sailed in January one person could go and collect the number of tickets they wanted for their party so only on person had to show their Sea Pass card. It's a terrific show.

There are no tickets on the Explorer. You just show up at your assigned muster-station-based time. :)

I wouldn't overthink this. There is a very good chance that you will all be in the same muster station. Otherwise, you'll find a way to work it out once onboard.

Is the ice show definitely assigned by muster station on Explorer now? The last few ships we were on that had an ice show, there was no assignment, including our last 2 cruises on Explorer (when it was out of NJ). There were just 4 or 5 scheduled showtimes, and you were asked to choose one. Some shows conflicted with traditional dining times, so that helped disperse the crowd (ie: if you had early dining, 2 of the 4 scheduled shows were at the time of your dinner, so you had to choose one of the remaining shows). And the last two shows of the cruise had plenty of seats...only the first show or two were crowded.

he ice show on Explorer is outstanding! Definitely my favorite of all the ice shows on any RCI ship! Do not miss it!!!

New to RCI. What's an ice show? On a cruise to Alaska it could be glaciers, ice carving or a ice skating show. Help

There are no tickets on the Explorer. You just show up at your assigned muster-station-based time. :)

We had slips of paper. I don't know why then. This was my first trip on Explorer. It was announced on the morning television program. Maybe it was a one off or something special.

Out of Australia they issue tickets to the shows. They announce when the tickets will be available, you line up and choose the session you want to see, leave with the tickets. However, I honestly believe the way they manage this is decided by the CD. I also have heard of it being arranged by muster station and the times just allocated to you. In this case there are tickets (pieces of paper I suppose) left in your cabin.

Out of Australia they issue tickets to the shows. They announce when the tickets will be available, you line up and choose the session you want to see, leave with the tickets. However, I honestly believe the way they manage this is decided by the CD. I also have heard of it being arranged by muster station and the times just allocated to you. In this case there are tickets (pieces of paper I suppose) left in your cabin.

We were on Explorer out of Sydney in February. The ice shows were done by muster station but there were no tickets. The cruise compass just listed the muster stations for each show. There also was no one at the door checking sea pass cards. We could have attended any showing.

Agreed. On Voyager, our CD there specifically said that he was behind the muster station issuing.

Then on Explorer also in Oz, with a different CD, we had the usual ticket allocation.

Agreed. On Voyager, our CD there specifically said that he was behind the muster station issuing.

Then on Explorer also in Oz, with a different CD, we had the usual ticket allocation.

Now that's funny! It was on Voyager where we had the option to choose our own tickets. Pretty much confirms my thoughts though[emoji4]