Upgrading a Soda Package to Premuim

I currently have 2 Soda Packages included as one of the perks from my TA. I would like to purchase 1 Premium Drink Package online but am wondering if I will be credited the difference between the Soda and Premium once we are onboard. I presume I would need to do this via Guest Services. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if it was a problem at all?

I currently have 2 Soda Packages included as one of the perks from my TA. I would like to purchase 1 Premium Drink Package online but am wondering if I will be credited the difference between the Soda and Premium once we are onboard. I presume I would need to do this via Guest Services. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if it was a problem at all?

You can upgrade, they will charge you the difference between the packages plus 18%, and you can do it at any bar.

What if I want to purchase the package online now to take advantage of the 20% discount? Do I need to call RCI directly and have them just charge me the difference or will I be charged full amount and need to be refunded the difference later?

What if I want to purchase the package online now to take advantage of the 20% discount? Do I need to call RCI directly and have them just charge me the difference or will I be charged full amount and need to be refunded the difference later?

You cannot have RC upgrade packages that are provided as a booking perk pre-cruise. However, you may be able to work something out with your travel agent.

Edited by clarea

You cannot have RC upgrade packages that are provided as a booking perk pre-cruise. However, you may be able to work something out with your travel agent.

So, I wouldn't be able to upgrade at all and would just need to purchase the Premium at full cost? My TA said I could have RCI credit the difference but I always am a little leery of things like that when coming from a 3rd party.

So, I wouldn't be able to upgrade at all and would just need to purchase the Premium at full cost? My TA said I could have RCI credit the difference but I always am a little leery of things like that when coming from a 3rd party.

You can upgrade on board by paying the difference, you just cannot upgrade pre-cruise by paying the difference.

Edited by clarea

So I decided to go ahead and buy the Premium package online now because it would be less expensive than waiting until boarding, even if I don't get credited the cost of the soda package that was a perk from TA.

Now my question is, will the Premium package show upon checking in and will the soda cups be waiting in stateroom? Also since I technically have a soda package and a Premium, will I still get 2 soda cups? I know I don't really need 2, but why not? Both were paid for in full.

So I decided to go ahead and buy the Premium package online now because it would be less expensive than waiting until boarding, even if I don't get credited the cost of the soda package that was a perk from TA.

Now my question is, will the Premium package show upon checking in and will the soda cups be waiting in stateroom? Also since I technically have a soda package and a Premium, will I still get 2 soda cups? I know I don't really need 2, but why not? Both were paid for in full.

Your SeaPass card should have a sticker for the Premium package when you get it at check-in. Your cup will be in the stateroom, but I could not tell you if you will get one or two.

Edited by clarea

Wonder what will happen with the new offer on the oasis, book a bb and get a free pop package for 2. I would upgrade mine but would prefer to do it before boarding. I'm not even sure it would show pre-cruise.

I was wondering that too but since it doesn't start until November I guess there is no way of knowing yet.

Bill

Last year on Grandeur, I ordered a soda package for the other person in my room and a ultimate package for myself. (I enjoy a cocktail or 10 on a cruise...)

There were two cups in the room for us upon arrival. (The other room had 2 soda packages and there were 2 cups waiting for us as expected.)