Help with Chef's Table

Alright, I've been patient trying to wait to hear back from Carnival. I totally get they are a large corporation and processes move slow, but I've waited 5 weeks to hear about my Chef's Table request for next November on the Vista. It'll be my honeymoon cruise and I know we both would love to experience Chef's Table for the first time.

I sent an email request to Event Planning on June 13th, sent an e-mail to the Vista Maitre'D on June 22nd (who said he would send my request to the Steakhouse manager who would contact me but hasn't), I sent a follow-up e-mail on July 6th to the Maitre'D, and I was in contact with CCL Support via Twitter and e-mail on July 8th (who said I'd hear back within 7 days).

What's my next step? I -REALLY- don't want to just give up. This would be a very special addition to our honeymoon cruise. I know people reach out to John Heald via FB but I feel like my request would get lost among other wall posts. Does it normally take 5 weeks to hear any sort of yes/no confirmation? I'd really appreciate any expertise and advice on this!

I don't have any other suggestions for you...just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat! We're on the November 12, 2017 sailing on the Vista. I've tried submitting the form online, emailing event planning, emailing the steakhouse manager and putting a note on John Heald's FB page. Nothing back other than standard auto-replies. Someone else on here said that they got a confirmation for their Jan., 2018 Vista cruise, so I can't imagine that it's the timing of the cruise that is holding things up. It is very frustrating!

I don't have any other suggestions for you...just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat! We're on the November 12, 2017 sailing on the Vista. I've tried submitting the form online, emailing event planning, emailing the steakhouse manager and putting a note on John Heald's FB page. Nothing back other than standard auto-replies. Someone else on here said that they got a confirmation for their Jan., 2018 Vista cruise, so I can't imagine that it's the timing of the cruise that is holding things up. It is very frustrating!

Ugh. Not the boat I want to be in, as I'm sure you agree! We're right before you on the Nov. 4th sailing, but it's weird that Jan. 2018 already can be confirmed. Well here's hoping someone has some input that can help both of us get to that table!

I made Chefs Table reservations for my cruise this past November on the Valor. Actually my T/A made the reservations. All he could tell me was that my request had been received. I didn't get actual confirmation until about a week before sailing and didn't know what night until I got in my cabin and found the invitation.

Keep trying the Steak House Manager all our CT RSVP were done through them. We have done CT on both Magic and Dream. We Emailed the SH both times and had a confirmation Email back within a week.

They never confirmed the date until we were on board.

I emailed Event Planning on Jan 21, received an auto reply stating I would receive an email from shipboard staff. On January 27 I received an email from the Steakhouse confirming that we had seats at Chefs Table. We didn't know what night until we got onboard ship.

I hope you hear soon. Good luck and congrats on your pending nuptials [emoji3]

Alright, I've been patient trying to wait to hear back from Carnival. I totally get they are a large corporation and processes move slow, but I've waited 5 weeks to hear about my Chef's Table request for next November on the Vista. It'll be my honeymoon cruise and I know we both would love to experience Chef's Table for the first time.

I sent an email request to Event Planning on June 13th, sent an e-mail to the Vista Maitre'D on June 22nd (who said he would send my request to the Steakhouse manager who would contact me but hasn't), I sent a follow-up e-mail on July 6th to the Maitre'D, and I was in contact with CCL Support via Twitter and e-mail on July 8th (who said I'd hear back within 7 days).

What's my next step? I -REALLY- don't want to just give up. This would be a very special addition to our honeymoon cruise. I know people reach out to John Heald via FB but I feel like my request would get lost among other wall posts. Does it normally take 5 weeks to hear any sort of yes/no confirmation? I'd really appreciate any expertise and advice on this!

Try emailing Vista Steakhouse Manageress Polina at PGrytsenko@carnival.com

I have been on 4 cruises with carnival and have requested the chef's table each time. I did not get any actual confirmation other than the information was received and on three I was notified on board that I was confirmed for the chef's table, and on the 2nd Magic sailing not enough folks signed up for the table to be held. I would not panic unless you are on a very short cruise. On my last triumph cruise it was held two nights and there were 8 on the waiting list because it was a 4 night cruise and they only had two nights available to take that many servers and sous chefs out of the line to hold it. The first night an entire family group of 14 had reserved it. My family was 6 out of the 14 on the 2nd night.

I emailed the ship months ago and got a reply quickly but now on carnival.com under my cruise manager I could actually make reservations for the chef table and / or the steakhouse right from there. It is at the same place you would pre-purchase excursions and spa treatments. I don't use a TA and I book on carnival site so I control the cruise. I a not sure if that makes a difference. This is new to the site. I look through excursions often and booking chefs table had not been there long. I am sailing freedom in Sept 2o16. I assume all ships can book like mine but not sure.

Edited by smyliecruising

You can actually book your reservation from the website now. I think this is really new, because I went through the whole email rigamarole too.

Go to the site, manage my booking, and it's listed at the bottom of all the things you can manage (shore excursions at the top). You can select the steakhouse, Cucina (if your ship has it) and Chef's table.

I made our Cucina del Capitano reservations here too.

I don't think I'd risk waiting to book it until boarding. I think space is pretty limited.

Hope this helps!

You can actually book your reservation from the website now. I think this is really new, because I went through the whole email rigamarole too.

Go to the site, manage my booking, and it's listed at the bottom of all the things you can manage (shore excursions at the top). You can select the steakhouse, Cucina (if your ship has it) and Chef's table.

I made our Cucina del Capitano reservations here too.

I don't think I'd risk waiting to book it until boarding. I think space is pretty limited.

Hope this helps!

Big thanks to you and the other replies about booking it online via the Carnival website. I just went ahead and sent a reservation request through My Cruise Manager, so we'll see what comes of that!

Try emailing Vista Steakhouse Manageress Polina at PGrytsenko@carnival.com

Oh wow, awesome! I will definitely keep this in mind in case I still don't hear anything back from trying it through the Cruise Manager. Thanks :)

Big thanks to you and the other replies about booking it online via the Carnival website. I just went ahead and sent a reservation request through My Cruise Manager, so we'll see what comes of that!

Oh wow, awesome! I will definitely keep this in mind in case I still don't hear anything back from trying it through the Cruise Manager. Thanks :)

morninsun86 - I emailed Polina yesterday and included all of my previous attempts at booking the Chef's Table and lack of responses. Polina emailed me back within 12 hours and said that she was copying the Vista Steakhouse Manager on her email as that is who was taking care of Chef's Table requests now. Within 2 hours after I received Polina's email, I received an email from Karina, the Vista Steakhouse Manager, confirming my request. The exact note I received is copied below:

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!

The final date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at Vssupper@carnival.com.

We look forward to serving you!

Give it a try!

morninsun86 - I emailed Polina yesterday and included all of my previous attempts at booking the Chef's Table and lack of responses. Polina emailed me back within 12 hours and said that she was copying the Vista Steakhouse Manager on her email as that is who was taking care of Chef's Table requests now. Within 2 hours after I received Polina's email, I received an email from Karina, the Vista Steakhouse Manager, confirming my request. The exact note I received is copied below:

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!

The final date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at Vssupper@carnival.com.

We look forward to serving you!

Give it a try!

Oh wow, that's awesome! I'm so happy that worked for you. :D I'll definitely compose an e-mail to her right now and hopefully have a positive update in the next few days!

I emailed the steakhouse manager for the Sunshine for the Chef's table on Tuesday and just rec'd a confirmation minutes ago. That was fine but they are now adding a 15% gratuity to the chef table, so what started a a $75 charge is now $86.50. Just so you know :D

Don't mess with anybody else just go directly to the Steak House manager. I know they have been handling CT reservations for at least two years.

Wow added 15%!!! I thought the cost was pretty much the gratuity and we always added another 15-20% on top of that. Not sure I will be adding anything additional if they are tacking on 15%.

Edited by jamesr3939

I emailed the steakhouse manager for the Sunshine for the Chef's table on Tuesday and just rec'd a confirmation minutes ago. That was fine but they are now adding a 15% gratuity to the chef table, so what started a a $75 charge is now $86.50. Just so you know :D

what?!? I also thought the gratuity was included. anyone recently attended Chef Table that can further confirm the $86.50 rather than the normal $75?!?

According to Carnival's website, the 15% gratuity will be automatically added to the guest's Sail & Sign account.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/the-chef%E2%80%99s-table (It's in the 4th paragraph)

So yes, it is true. Don't know when it started, but it's there in black and white on Carnival's website.

Edited by bigman01

morninsun86 - I emailed Polina yesterday and included all of my previous attempts at booking the Chef's Table and lack of responses. Polina emailed me back within 12 hours and said that she was copying the Vista Steakhouse Manager on her email as that is who was taking care of Chef's Table requests now. Within 2 hours after I received Polina's email, I received an email from Karina, the Vista Steakhouse Manager, confirming my request.

To follow up, I sent an e-mail to Polina on July 21st, and she replied like 6 minutes later. I was very impressed with the quick reply and she said the same thing, that she copied the Steakhouse manager and she would contact me with availability. It's been almost 72 hours and I'm still waiting. I'm really starting to think that it's not going to happen.

To anyone who might use this as a reference to solve their own problems receiving Chef's Table confirmation, I want to provide a final update. 9 days after my first e-mail to Polina, I e-mailed her again re-asking for her help in contacting the Steakhouse manager to receive a confirmation (or denial) about my Chef's Table request. Polina once again replied very quickly and said she'd check on things for me.

Almost 7 weeks after my initial request and 8 contact attempts, I -finally- received my Chef's Table confirmation! Huge thank you to stargate fan who suggested I e-mail Polina and to MistyRo76 for agreeing that method of communication worked!

Hopefully no one else has to wait 7 weeks, but I'm just so glad it's finally official :)

To anyone who might use this as a reference to solve their own problems receiving Chef's Table confirmation, I want to provide a final update. 9 days after my first e-mail to Polina, I e-mailed her again re-asking for her help in contacting the Steakhouse manager to receive a confirmation (or denial) about my Chef's Table request. Polina once again replied very quickly and said she'd check on things for me.

Almost 7 weeks after my initial request and 8 contact attempts, I -finally- received my Chef's Table confirmation! Huge thank you to stargate fan who suggested I e-mail Polina and to MistyRo76 for agreeing that method of communication worked!

Hopefully no one else has to wait 7 weeks, but I'm just so glad it's finally official :)

YAY - Glad you finally got your confirmation! It is frustrating that the process isn't streamlined. Even an email to say when they will start confirming reservations would be helpful. But that waiting and wondering is not good!

Hope you enjoy it!