Post-cruise questions about bunk beds

Hello -

Our family of 8 cruised the Getaway in May in adjoining cabins (12180 & 12182 if that matters). We used both rooms with one king and two bunks.

On the first night, our steward made the bunks up while we were at dinner. The bunks then stayed set up as bunk beds the entire rest of our trip. We never asked for them to be reset as a couch and into the ceiling, but we also didn't ask for them to be kept out. We were barely in our room, and I really never thought of it at the time.

I was making our photo book and it dawned on me that on our Disney cruise in 2014, our bunks were reset daily.

Is it SOP for bunks to be kept as bunks unless requested to be returned to couch/hidden bed?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about SOP, but we used one of the fold out couches on one cruise. They made and folded it up each night/day. If you had one of the ones that came down from the ceiling, I'd assume they'd put it away just to keep someone from bashing their head on it.

In my limited experience, in the Garden Villa, the room steward returned the bedding to living use and then changed it back in the evening during turn down. Isn't why they offer that? :rolleyes: They should only NOT do it unless you specifically ask.