Let's settle this. Does anybody have an American Table menu showing Bitter & Blanc?

Carleeb12

Seems to be disagreement about it being offered anymore.

I don't have the menu but I believe it comes up on the 5th night of a 7 day cruise. Used to be my favorite. I've had it on the Glory and Conquest this year.

Edited by evandbob

I don't have a picture either but had it on night 6 or 7 of our 8 night Vista cruise. I'd only read about it here on cruise critic as it was our first Carnival cruise and I loved it! It was infinitely better than their creme brûlée and chocolate melting cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, that settles it. It's on the 5th, 6th or 7th night on possible 8 night cruises or longer, maybe.

I will find our on our 10 night coming up in September for you, if they still have it.

Edited by HawkIVette

On cruise before last waiter kept telling my wife it was on the first elegant night but it wasn't. Then he said oh no it's the second elegant night. Once again nothing. One of the hostesses saw the look on my wife's face and asked if she was doing ok. Said no and explained what happened. MD came over and said that he will talk to chef and gave it ready for us tomorrow evening. Come that time and they aren't ready. MD comes to apologize and asked what stateroom we are in and he will have his staff deliver for our group. Sure enough at the exact time he said it would be delivered came 8 Bitter and Blancs along with other dessert trays.

Edited by bearfather84

Well, that settles it. It's on the 5th, 6th or 7th night on possible 8 night cruises or longer, maybe.

On cruise before last waiter kept telling my wife it was on the first elegant night but it wasn't{Usually 2nd night of the cruise} Then he said oh no it's the second elegant night (Usually 6th night of a 7 day cruise). Once again nothing. MD came over and said that he will talk to chef and gave it ready for us tomorrow evening. Come that time and they aren't ready. MD comes to apologize and asked what stateroom we are in and he will have his staff deliver for our group. Sure enough at the exact time he said it would be delivered came 8 Bitter and Blancs along with other dessert trays.

I knew someone would correct me. So, you might get it any of those nights, but the real answer is, you won't see it at all in the MDR. It only shows up in your cabin!

Edited by HawkIVette

There is a review on here, Stacy's Semi-Solo Cruise on Conquest. She went in April, I believe (8 day cruise). She posted all the menus. On day 5 or 6, can't remember which, Bitter n Blanc was on the menu. I saved a copy of that picture, but the resolution isn't good, and the attachment is small, sorry. it is the first dessert listed

1738413155_Bitternblanc.jpg.fca5a1e4b64c5d8c347b873759b815b5.jpg

Edited by mamajules

Okay, trying again. Uploaded to photobucket. I don't remember it being on my Dream cruise either, so evidently it is only on 8+ nights with American Table. Looking forward to having it on Conquest in October.

<a href=Bitter%20n%20blanc_zpsalgurarv.jpg' alt=

Edited by mamajules

Ask your MDR waiter for Bitter & Blanc the first night. Then, remind your waiter each night that you want it. You will get it one night by the end of the cruise. Don't know why, but it's no longer on the menu. However, it can be had if you keep asking.

It was on the menu for my last 7 day Conquest sail in early June. When I inquired early in the week about it, my waiter told me it was on the menu just once during the week. Turns out it was the night I had a Steakhouse reservation and wouldn't be in the MDR then.

The night after the Steakhouse, my MDR waiter didn't give me a dessert menu after dinner. He just brought over 2 Bitter n Blancs!

It was not on the menu when we sailed on the Glory in April or on the Triumph in October. We have a cruise coming up on the Conquest which will be 8 days and I am excited because I have heard it is offered on the 8 day cruises. We already made steakhouse reservations and now I'm worried it will be offered on the night we are in the steakhouse.

When we sailed on the Glory in April I asked if it could be made later in the cruise and was told no!:(

Seems to be disagreement about it being offered anymore.

We had it on the Breeze during our 8-day cruise over Christmas. From what I've been hearing though, it seems like it's only on the longer cruises (with the extra menu added in)

Not on Magic last 7 day... Or on Glory 7 day April/May :-(. I asked on the Valor in June, they kept saying they would make me one... By the last night (night 8) they apologized and said they did, not have any :-( none were sent to the room either. Perhaps it depends on the ship?