Viking Sky mix and mingle

worldtraveler1234

We were on the Viking Sea in April. I tried to work with CC for a Meet and Mingle. It was posted on CC that it had been arranged with the ship. The evening prior to the event, we received a personalized invitation in our cabin, announcing the M and M the next evening in the Explorers Lounge. I talked to a few CC people on board, and we went to the lounge at the appointed time. The lounge was very crowded, which was odd because less than 20 people from our ship had been on CC. There were no introductions given, no nametags, no way of knowing who was from CC or simply other cruisers. We had a glass of wine and decided that was it. Never did meet others whose names I would recognize from CC. I don't know where the breakdown in communication was, but it definitely was a disappointment. Good luck!

When will the registration for mix and mingle open for the Viking Sky?

We were on the Viking Sea in April. I tried to work with CC for a Meet and Mingle. It was posted on CC that it had been arranged with the ship. The evening prior to the event, we received a personalized invitation in our cabin. Never did meet others whose names I would recognize from CC. I don't know where the breakdown in communication was, but it definitely was a disappointment. Good luck!

The official press release of Viking Ocean/Cruise Critic M&Ms was 28 Apr 16, so maybe it is better organised now. All attendees are also supposed to receive an email 7days before embarkation plus the invite in their cabin. Did they serve finger food as well and were crew members present?

We were on the Viking Sea at the end of June. Things were much better than inborn traveler experienced.

There were over 40 people signed up and invitations were duly received in our cabins. The M&M was our second night on board (which was a sea day); it was held in the upstairs area of the Explorer's Lounge. Before the party began, the upstairs lounge was cleared and the steps to the lounge were cordoned off with a sign saying that there was a private party going on up there. I don't know how they managed traffic at the bottom of the stairs because I was already upstairs when they came to clear the lounge for the party.

At the party itself, they offered a choice of drinks on a tray (normal mix of champagne, wine and I don't remember what else) and trays of hot and cold hor d'oeuvres were passed around the room for the entire duration of the event. Members of Viking senior staff were in attendance, including the Captain and the Hotel Manager. The staff was very good at working the party, meeting guests and chatting. I think some of us would have kept chatting all night if we hadn't run right into dinner time.

I think the only downside was that there were no nametags. CC does have a template for them but you have to print them out before you leave and bring them with you--and then figure out how to wear them. I would be much better if they just had the peel and stick kind available and a bunch of Sharpie markers to fill them out.

We were on the Viking Sea at the end of June. Things were much better than inborn traveler experienced.

There were over 40 people signed up and invitations were duly received in our cabins. The M&M was our second night on board (which was a sea day); it was held in the upstairs area of the Explorer's Lounge.

Not that we're bitter about it... we signed up and got email confirmation but never received an invitation in the cabin, so we missed it. Guess we should've asked around.

So happy to read that Perigrin's experience was much improved ocer ours in April. We were so sorry not meeting some of the CC people, but there was no way of identifying each other. CC asked me if crew were there, and yes a few were but they were not introduced, and waiters did have passed appetizers, but not many. It was a great disappointment so am very glad to hear improvements have been made.

Not that we're bitter about it... we signed up and got email confirmation but never received an invitation in the cabin, so we missed it. Guess we should've asked around.

That is a bummer. I wondered why you weren't there; I was looking forward to meeting you. I wonder if anyone else was in the same situation.

Thanks Peregrina651. Much appreciated. There's only 18 booked on our M&M for 14/8 departure at this stage so a little less crowded maybe!

Thanks Peregrina651. Much appreciated. There's only 18 booked on our M&M for 14/8 departure at this stage so a little less crowded maybe!

Who knows? Your party may grow. There is still time for folks to sign up--and some do come out of the woodwork at the last minute. They may never say a word on the roll call but they aren't going to miss a party.:D