Sprint coverage

olesiabr

Has anybody returned recently from Alaska that can comment on Sprint coverage?

Searching this site and Google has turned up only old information.

Sprint coverage map shows roaming, which is not a problem with our plan. Also have good Canada coverage.

Thanks!

Edited by olesiabr

We were not in Anchorage or Seward. Didn't eat at any restaurants or stay at any hotels, so I can't comment on that. We did connect to Wifi at the Mt Roberts tramway which was helpful. Do your research and download maps beforehand.

Edited by traveltime3400

Oh boy, I'm going to miss my nav and TripAdvisor! So no data at all, even in Anchorage and Seward?

How prevalent is wifi in restaurants and hotels?

With regards to nav.... look at Maps.Me app and download the regional maps. No data/roaming charges will be consumed.

• 6 months later...

Any new updates re: Sprint coverage in Alaska? Our ports include Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria, BC

Would rather not have to use my company issued Verizon cellphone if I can avoid it to check up on the kids via text, calls, emails, etc........

• 3 months later...

I have Google Fi and will be up there in a couple weeks. It's a bit different as Fi uses Wi-Fi, Sprint, T-Mobile, or US Cellular depending on signal strength. I'll try to get some info if I can tell what network I'm on.

I also second getting an offline Map application. I use HERE as I had good results with it in Barcelona, but keep in mind that the offline map files can be quite large. I think I'll also install Maps.Me and compare them.