20% Discount on Ultimate and Premium Package just appeared today (Anthem March 2017)

I've been eyeballing our cruise planner for our Anthem cruise Next March for this elusive 20% I kept reading about. Yesterday, No Discount, Today... 20% off. So I got ourselves each the Ultimate pkg for the 7 Day cruise. There was no discount on the non-alcoholic packages, and also the Select package was not available/listed.

In CAD pricing, the Premium is $57.20 + 18% and the Ultimate is $59.80 + 18% ($70.56). Yesterday, the ultimate was $90 CAD including the 18%. Seems to me the price difference between the 2 packages doesn't make sense, but I checked 4 or 5 times. Might be an error, but anyhow, my UP are bought and paid for :D.

dp

Do you know if this would be available on the Explorer in 2016? Is there a link I could check out?

Thanks!

The only way I know to check is via your Cruise Planner.

I've been eyeballing our cruise planner for our Anthem cruise Next March for this elusive 20% I kept reading about. Yesterday, No Discount, Today... 20% off. So I got ourselves each the Ultimate pkg for the 7 Day cruise. There was no discount on the non-alcoholic packages, and also the Select package was not available/listed.

In CAD pricing, the Premium is $57.20 + 18% and the Ultimate is $59.80 + 18% ($70.56). Yesterday, the ultimate was $90 CAD including the 18%. Seems to me the price difference between the 2 packages doesn't make sense, but I checked 4 or 5 times. Might be an error, but anyhow, my UP are bought and paid for :D.

dp

Thanks for the heads up! You just saved me $95 for our cruise on Harmony in March. I wasn't planning on purchasing the package, but since it was a pretty good savings I went for it. For some reason the Premium Package only went down $25 but the Ultimate went down $95.

Can't seem to remember...what is the difference in premium and ultimate? Thx!

Ultimate adds bottled sparkling water, fresh squeezed juices, and specialty coffees and teas.

For my Allure cruise, the cruise planner says 44 dollars per day - does that include tip?

Not sure, but you can tell if you add the package to your cart and go to checkout. Any taxes and tips will be added to the checkout total. Don't worry about buying something inadvertently, you have to enter a credit card number before you can be charged.

I am looking at this now is there always a service charge with the beverage packages. I have booked the premium packages a few times and do not remember this service charge.

Royal shifts between including the service charge in the initial price and adding it later. For example, on a 7-day cruise I have coming up, the Ultimate package is listed at $59 per day, which should come to $413. When I check out, the price jumps to $487.34 reflecting the addition of an 18% service charge.

Thanks for the heads up! I am on Harmony of the Seas Jan 28 2017 and the discount showed up for our cruise today too. I got the ultimate for both of us and the internet package showed a 30% discount so I got that too!

Yes, thanks for the heads up. Just checked my cruise planner and BAZINGA! There it was. 20% off Premium and Ultimate packages. I had just bought the PP last week. No problem. I cancelled that order and repurchased the package for $363.44 total for 7 days on Oasis, January 29th.

I'm a happy girl.

Cathy

Has anyone seen beverage package pricing for April 2017? When I log into my cruise planner it still says that beverage and zoom are unavailable but a I am wondering if that's because I booked thru a TA or if they just are not out yet!

Can anyone tell when I need to book the drink package by for the 20% savings

I don't think anyone knows. It could be gone tomorrow, or next month... it may be available till Christmas. But if you think you might want it, purchase it, and if you change your mind, you can cancel the Bev Pkg and get a refund.

Has anyone seen beverage package pricing for April 2017? When I log into my cruise planner it still says that beverage and zoom are unavailable but a I am wondering if that's because I booked thru a TA or if they just are not out yet!

Many know more than I, but here is what I know: Unlike the specialty restaurants and shows that are usually available on the cruise planner about 90 days out, the Beverage packages are usually available from the day you book. When I booked our Anthem March 2017 cruise back in November 2015, (461 days out), the beverage packages were available. We are also booked through a TA, so I don't think that is the reason you can't see them in your Cruise Planner. I suggest you give your TA a call and figure out why you can't see the packages in your Cruise Planner. In all likelihood, your TA will have to call RCI and sort things out. It may also be just a technical glitch, RCI is famous for those:rolleyes:

dp

I also just noticed that on the Beverage package comparison PDF that Royal has on the website, the Ultimate Package offers a 40% discount on wine bottles. Has this always been the case? I thought it was 20% (like the premium package) is this a new change? (40% only applies to wines under $100)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage-flyer-general-v4.pdf

dp

Edited by dpostman

I also just noticed that on the Beverage package comparison PDF that Royal has on the website, the Ultimate Package offers a 40% discount on wine bottles. Has this always been the case? I thought it was 20% (like the premium package) is this a new change? (40% only applies to wines under $100)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage-flyer-general-v4.pdf

dp

Check out this version:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Notice the difference in the wine bottle discount.

Edited by clarea

Check out this version:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Notice the difference in the wine bottle discount.

Thanks Bob, but it's the same one (04/26/2016):p

Anyway, the 40% wine discount is an increase cause It states 20% discount on wine bottles for the ultimate package on a PDF from 2015

dp

Edited by dpostman