Valor or Sensation??

Aubreysmom09

We have never been on Carnival and we are looking at a 5 day cruise in October. This will be our first trip without our daughter so I'm sure either will be great. Seems that both have decent reviews. Which do you prefer, and why?? If you had great or bad experiences what happened??

Valor goes to: Nassau, Freeport, and Half Moon Cay

Sensation: Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.

We have been to none of these ports.

Thanks, For the help!!

For the ship, Valor hands down... Has Guys, Blue Iguana, dive in movies and the 2.0 upgrades Sensation is a much older and smaller ship without all the upgrades.... HOWEVER. Nassau and Freeport are ot the greatest ports and I love held moon and Grand Turk.... So if the ship amenities are more important than the ports then Valor, if the ports are more important, the Sensation.

For the ship, Valor hands down... Has Guys, Blue Iguana, dive in movies and the 2.0 upgrades Sensation is a much older and smaller ship without all the upgrades.... HOWEVER. Nassau and Freeport are ot the greatest ports and I love held moon and Grand Turk.... So if the ship amenities are more important than the ports then Valor, if the ports are more important, the Sensation.

I want both :p I want to go to Grand Turk. I guess maybe I should read up about that port a bit more. Glad to know that the sensation doesn't have the upgrades.

Thanks

I agree 100%. Some people cruise for the ports, others enjoy the amenities of the ship just as much as the ports of call, so it all depends on what you would prefer.

I'm sure you'll have a great time either way!

Edited by Singer4Him

To me the ship is more important than the ports as you can stay on the ship if you don't like the port - going on the 5 day Valor cruise August 14th and I hate Freeport I have been there once and didn't want to go back BUT the Valor has that much better options on the ship so we chose that sailing.

I would do Valor. You are only in the ports for about 8-9 hours a day. You are on the ship many more hours! You might as well enjoy the 2.0 upgrades!

This is what is driving me crazy. I think I will do Valor even though I will be on Valor in April for a short girls weekend( maybe change this to Victory). DH seemed disappointed about not having dive in movies and some of the upgrades.

The sad thing is that their is only a $20 difference in price also :eek: It's my birthday cruise so the husband is leaving it all to me :(

If the price is that close, I would probably lean toward the Valor, if it was my decision to make simply because of the upgrades to that ship. However, that's just my personal opinion and, for me, the ship and it's amenities are a big part of the whole cruise experience.

Please let us know what you decide. I'm excited to hear.

For me personally, no contest. I would choose Valor. Just not a fan of the Fantasy class ships of which Sensation is a part. Outdated and just tired looking ships. Valor is not only larger but has so many more features and food options. And again personally, only like Grand Turk for the snorkeling/diving, otherwise its rather blah.

I want both :p I want to go to Grand Turk. I guess maybe I should read up about that port a bit more. Glad to know that the sensation doesn't have the upgrades.

Thanks

I'd opt for the Valor and go with the better ship amenities. There is truly very little about Grand Turk that is AMAZING. Half Moon Cay on the other hand is the best of all the Cruise Line Private Islands and gives one a fantastic day at the beach.